Crypto Favorites

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by BKR88, Jun 10, 2021.

1. NoahA

NoahA

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    #71     Oct 31, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. johnarb

johnarb

Ahhhh, that's probably why it keeps going up! Thanks for the info!

I do not plan on buying it, though, since it's already up way, way too much

#72     Oct 31, 2021
    NoahA likes this.
  3. NoahA

NoahA

Also, as a heads up to the community, just saw this video on youtube that was recommended to me about a guy who just lost all his crypto. The spoiler is that someone must have gotten his login info for his Metamask wallet, and since there is no 2FA, once they have the password, you're toast. His coins were transferred out in minutes. Its interesting that someone with years of experience could still be swindled like this.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    #73     Oct 31, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

@johnarb Can you vet this claim of loss?

#74     Oct 31, 2021
  5. johnarb

johnarb

I don't know the guy, but I agree with him that Metamask does not have 2fa and is always logged on, which you can manually log out of

There's an option for a hardware wallet like Ledger Metamask integration but I do not use one so I don't have an opinion on it

I have 6 figures $ of cryptos on Metamask, but I spread it on many Metamask wallets and each wallet can have many accounts

At one time, I had over $700K worth of BNB which was stored on 2 Metamask wallets. Metamask can connecgt to Binance Smart Chain, Avalanche chain, Fantom chain, and other chains

I've never been hacked. Knock on wood

I have accounts and passwords that have been hacked on servers out there, but that's the same with any servers that store my accounts for example, I got letters from Macy's and Target saying they were hacked and my personal info, blah blah blah, also credit cards, I think PayPal sent me a new card a couple of years ago as they were hacked, whatever, I don't worry about those things, lol

I don't do Windows. Not on any banking stuff, nor cryptos. I don't even do MacOS or IOS, don't care for that Apple walled garden

He talks about his desktop at home and Mac? laptop. My guess is he has malware at his Windows desktop. He also uses his phone. He has too many attack surfaces, tbh. He may have malware on his phone, too

Connecting to WiFi does not automatically mean you get hacked. Sure there are packet sniffers and possible man-in-the-middle attack vectors, but that's why every site you go to should be already bookmarked and not typed or googled. If you get a warning from the browser that the site is not trusted, close everything, man-in-the-middle is feeding you a fake certificate

Also use a VPN when connecting to untrusted WiFi and it better not be a free VPN

But I agree, he should have been using the hotspot on his cell phone

I don't know what happened to him, I wish him the best, hope he recovers from it. I would recommend Chrome laptop or Chrome desktop for him in the future

#75     Nov 1, 2021
    NoahA likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

So what you are saying, essentially, is that the guy was a moron, and you wish he was somewhere else?

#76     Nov 1, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  7. #77     Nov 1, 2021
    johnarb and NoahA like this.
  8. Some Very Nice Coins Listed here...fully agree

Cardano
    Matic
    Hex
    Vet
    ETH depending on how 2.0 goes

And the Ledger Wallet

Very Few People on the forum Mention using Linux instead of Windows or AppleOS. Not sure why. In 14 years of trading I have only used Linux the last 10 years. Seems like setting up Linux desktops and servers for trading and crypto would be a very popular topic.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    #78     Nov 2, 2021

9. Crypto has a lot of haters. Many stories twisted to look like scams. SquidCoin was always meant as a coin for the game. Never to be widely bought and sold outside of the game. PancakeSwap helps people buy and sell alt coins but that doesn't mean they should be heavily traded. Some folks caught up in the popularity of the Netflix series jumped into it hoping to capitalize with the coin. PancakeSwap helps people buy and sell altcoins but that doesn't mean the coins should be speculated. Specially as the game designers said the coins were not meant to be bought and sold in large number outside the game. They told the players the coins wouldn't be allowed to be sold in large number from the start. And buying them was structured for game use. The rise in value was caused by larger than expected demand for the game and from a few pancake sellers who sold a small number of coins after the surge in demand.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    #79     Nov 2, 2021
  10. Tron TRX is similar. The coin is being held very close to the game and selling large amounts can be problematic. But, the games and the entire ecosystem for decentralized development look very Interesting and the coin has held its value well.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    #80     Nov 2, 2021