Crypto mining Stocks

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Jungletrader, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Anyone here had any experience or has previously invested in Bitcoin/Crypto mining Stocks?

2. Tokenz

Tokenz

Might want to talk to Ken Calhoun, he seems to know every possible stock related to Bitcoin

Jungletrader and johnarb like this.
  3. nitrene

nitrene

Marathon Digital (MARA) is probably the best of the miners. I believe Robinhood (HOOD) & Coinbase (COIN) are more leveraged plays on crypto currencies. Coinbase is the best I believe since its really the last legitimated CeFi/exchange not including Binance.

COIN is up over 100% from the bottom. MARA is up over 150% from the bottom. MARA looks good for a trade since it pulled back the last few days from $9.50 to $7.50.

4. Ed48

Ed48

Jungletrader likes this.
  5. Can't argue with 150% increase from the bottom cheers

6. Well, I purchased the first ever Bitcoin & Ethereum ETFs the day they went live on the TSX. But I stayed the hell away from the mining stocks. I have asked before and will ask again, why the HELL would someone want to invest in a dead-end tech?

It still amazes me how many people were betting against the Merge. They thought Ethereum would be mined forever? There is even a push to get BTC off PoW before the European Union bans it for the second time.

7. deaddog

deaddog

Hell of a ride since the IPO. Hope you aren't still holding.

8. The bad news is, I lost a bunch of BTCC when despite the preaching of the bears, crypto shot back up shortly after Elon halted purchases of Tesla with BTC. This caused my OOTM short-calls to go ITM and I had a bunch called away.

They flew away... :(

The good news, is I re-purchased more during the post-Luna & FTX collapse for the fire-sale. If I could repeat this indefinitely, I would be a billionaire. :strong: So.. yes I'm sure still hodling these ETFs.

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

MARA news...

SEC issues new subpoena to bitcoin miner Marathon
    https://www.theblock.co/post/230373/sec-issues-new-subpoena-to-bitcoin-miner-marathon

#10     May 11, 2023