Day Trading Encouragement

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SimpleMeLike, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Hello,

I just wanted to share some positivity for us day traders who are still on the learning and hard working curve toward consistent profitable trading.

https://blog.topsteptrader.com/topic/success-stories

Keep grinding and keep your mind on your money!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  2. qlai

qlai

You gotta love the comments after the article :) lol

upload_2019-3-3_12-3-13.png

tommcginnis, MattZ and Nobert like this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

I think last thing to think about during a trade is the money. More important is either what the chart, volume, and/or TA is showing. If spiking, trail by the bar or get out at trendline and perhaps reverse, but if you thinking of your account amount, you not thinking how you tested method. Now if you were deep in hole and came back to small profit, then might be good reason to end the day. For me been most memorable.

Good trading.

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I think that being motivated is very important, and it is a factor for success. However, trading also has the risk tolerance component (leverage), the ability to go through rough periods(drawdowns) for prolonged times without out any guarantee. You can be motivated and inspired by others, but trading is not only a motivational sport. It is analytical, focused and requires lots of dedication.

I would focus on backtesting, analyzing, and deciding what asset class to trade, what leverage to use, how frequently to trade until things will start aligning with your personality: risk tolerance and comfort.
    Trading "inspirations" is nice, but it's not what will build you as a trader.

S-Trader, SunTrader, ftrexx1 and 4 others like this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

TopTrumpTrader, so it's just BS, you can do it, keep sending us money cause they've done it, it's not made up really, honest guv!

6. maxinger

maxinger

If I see any website which says

- I earned tens of thousands of dollars within a month
    - my account increased multiple of times over 1 month
    - I managed to withdraw $$$ from my account after one month

I will read the website for entertainment purpose.
    Because I would like to see if the writers can fool me successfully.

In trading, it is about consistency.
    Are you able to earn money not just in a month, but month after month,
    year after year .....

No point earning $100K in one month, and the next month you
    lose $500K.

tommcginnis, Nobert and smallfil like this.
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.
  8. vin2018

vin2018

Thanks for sharing this helpful resource for day traders.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. You're welcome vin2018,

A bit of encouragement and evidence of day traders making money is always helpful, atleast to me it is.

#10     Mar 4, 2019