Daylight Savings Time 'disproportionately' impacts 'communities of color,' insists CNN article

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ayn Rand, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

I certainly agree. I am Caucasian.

#11     Nov 26, 2022
  2. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

When you go to the doctor's office and they ask your race, they really do not want to know if you were born in Africa and then moved to the US. African Americans are a distinct genetic group.

Out of Africa. Homo sapiens originated in Africa. Some stayed in Africa and did not go anywhere, others migrated to Europe, Asia, North America, South America. Those that stayed in Africa over 10,000's of years developed distinct genetic traits. Those that stayed in Africa are Sub Saharan Africans. Of that distinct genetic group, some migrated to the United States. Sub Saharan Africans that migrated to the United States are a distinct genetic group - African Americans.

You can call anyone born in African and then who migrated to the US an African American but it does not have a scientific foundations.

#12     Nov 26, 2022
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Tell that to this guy, lol!

#13     Nov 26, 2022
  4. [QUOTE="Ayn Rand, post: 5722413, member: 503374" African Americans are a distinct genetic group.

[/QUOTE]

In post #5 above you said "African American is not a distinct race."

Now you are trying to clean that up by arguing that they are not a distinct race, but "are a distinct genetic group."

Okay.

Look. Print off all the talking points you get from your lefty sources. Line them up and try to put together a coherent argument. You are adrift a bit.

Also, for your consideration, we have vast, vast numbers of people who self-identify as African-Americans for political and social purposes but have only one or two distant black ancestors and a large, large, large pile of white ancestors so their distinct genetics are not as distinct as you think.

Amazing how the lefties get so scientific about some of this but then insist that a biological male who who wishes to self-identify as a woman is now actually a woman. Yet if Elon is born in Africa and is now and American you get twitchy as hell if he is referred to as an African-American. All this "genetically and racially distinct" talk sounds kind of racist and Hitlerian to me.

More scripts needed. Don't attempt this by yourself.

#14     Nov 26, 2022
  5. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

I did make a mistake. "African Americans are a distinct genetic group." African Americans are distinct, however they are not the root. The genetic root, which is much more robust, is Sub Saharan African. African Americans are only a branch on this tree. Thank you for focusing on the precision needed.

#15     Nov 26, 2022
  6. Pete is an idiot. I wonder who in the hell voted for this clown.

#16     Nov 26, 2022
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Gay people. Or is that no longer a valid term?

#17     Nov 26, 2022
  8. Yeah, but there isn't that many Gay people in the USA is there?

#18     Nov 27, 2022
  9. wildchild

wildchild

I guess it really comes down to chosen pronouns of the bridge.

#19     Nov 27, 2022