Deposit funds into Interactive Brokers from Revolut

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Feb 1, 2023.

1. I know you can withdraw funds from Interactive Brokers to Revolut.

Has anyone tried to deposit funds into Interactive Brokers from Revolut?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Wise is going to fully integrated into IB from end of March for withdrawals and deposits. There is a document on the IB website setting it out.

6wives and Maverick2608 like this.
  3. Ironbeam

Ironbeam Sponsor

The difficulty of Revoult for US brokers is that in the current state that they send their funds, there is no clear way to verify the ownership of funds, which is a regulatory requirement.

4. But it is my understanding that Revolut now operates as a normal bank with a normal bank licens. Deposits are covered by deposit insurance. I therefore assume that clients have got a unique bank account as opposed to pooled funds and thus a clear way to verify ownership of funds.

Before you did not have deposit insurance and the bank account was a pooled account and at that time I agree there was no clear way to verify ownership of funds.

So I guess my question is whether things have changed after clients of Revolut now have a real bank account in the traditional sense.

6wives likes this.
  5. Ironbeam

Ironbeam Sponsor

If that is the case then the deposits may be able to be accepted now as long as they come in the form of an ACH or wire. In the past they didn't.

Maverick2608 likes this.