Do Most retail Trading Software experience a lot of glitches post an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gmst, Jan 30, 2014.

Do Most retail Trading Software experience a lot of glitches post an upgrade?

1. Yes there are a lot of glitches

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No, there are no glitches or just 1-2 glitches which do not matter

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. gmst

gmst

Please participate in this poll.

My request to all trading software developers like MC, TS, Ninja, IB, TT, Sierra, Amibroker etc. etc. etc. is to kindly improve your testing processes before you upgrade your software.

I think results of this poll will clearly show that customers of retail trading software are very unhappy with the upgrade process.

Contrast retail trading software product offerings against an institutional (chart+information display + little bit of trading) software like bloomberg, reuters etc.

These big guys don't face so many bugs once they roll out a new module but the story with retail trading software is very very poor.

2. Big corporations can keep key developers but small companies too often lose them and there is some discontinuity in development with new developers always trying to catch up and understand what the old ones did.

3. xandman

xandman

lol. I said yes just to see the poll and I bumped it up by 25 percent, from 3 to 4.

Please put an I don't know category.

4. jharmon

jharmon

If you are dependent upon a particular platform, ask to be part of their alpha/beta testers.

That way you get to test YOUR systems against their as-yet unreleased systems and ensure any bugs (that affect you) are squashed out by release time.

Most developers are happy to do this.

I also do the same for data vendors too. The upsides is you also get access to some nifty new technology and data.