Do You Use Meditation\Mindfulness in Your Trading Routine? If so, how?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by remogul92, Oct 13, 2019.

1. excrypto

excrypto

Just like any other. I bend over.

#31     Oct 19, 2019
    remogul92 likes this.
  2. Andrew_87

Andrew_87

Well yes, I agree with you. There is no better thing for our body than sound sleep. It does help!

#32     Oct 24, 2019
    remogul92 likes this.
  3. Tent

Tent

I also dont think that mediation can help trader to make more profits. However, we are all different, so it is possible that it might work with some traders. With me it will certainly not work

#33     Nov 14, 2019
  4. imjohn

imjohn

Sometimes, when the price is approaching my stop and I'm about to take a loss, I calmly visualize throwing my computer through the damn window.

One thing that seems to have enriched my life in recent years is "single-tasking". When I'm driving, I drive. When I'm eating, I eat. When I'm trading, I trade... IOW I'm just focused on doing and enjoying the present action, rather than doing one thing while thinking about another thing, or trying to juggle multiple things at once. I guess this is similar to mindfulness.

Though with the collapse in recent volatility, I'm concurrently trading and "Elite Trader-ing" a bit more often.

#34     Nov 14, 2019
    ElCubano likes this.
  5. :thumbsup::thumbsup: On single tasking. I’m working on keeping my mind focused on whatever task I’m doing and nothing else. It definitely helps.

#35     Nov 14, 2019
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Meditation can help with living in the present. From my personal experience it’s not just a mind thing it’s an all body thing this present living. All of it. Your mind is present, your heart is open to opportunities and you are able to buffer the outside noise that so often disturbes our inner peace.

#36     Nov 15, 2019
    remogul92 likes this.
  7. Every time I feel pressured and have to make a decision, I take 5 minutes to clear my mind and then meditate.

Sometimes I focus on the chart and breathing free the mind.

It happens that after these 5 minutes I see things in a completely different way. That entrance that I wanted to do maybe doesn't seem so smart anymore.

#37     Nov 15, 2019
  8. excrypto

excrypto

Yea because your entry point is gone. Kek

#38     Nov 15, 2019
  9. Of course, when I take a break from work, I take out my mat and do yoga. This is very relaxing and helps me to relieve stress. And I noticed that if I skip yoga, then I get very tired at the end of the day and I may have a headache. Without yoga, my head "explodes" from overexertion. Sometimes I add meditation to my yoga class, which allows me to relax . And it makes me feel like I've had a good night's sleep. When I go on vacation, I'm thinking of taking professional teachers courses widely known all over the world. Because you need to be able not only to work, but also to relax. So, I get great relaxation and pleasure from yoga.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    #39     Mar 12, 2020
  10. Sprout

Sprout

30m in am and then in pm.

#40     Mar 12, 2020