Does anyone know of any law firm or accounting firm who can help me with international taxation

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by invortex, Nov 21, 2021.

1. invortex

invortex

I am a daytrader and looking for some answers on international tax rates in individual countries and how I may be able to obtain residency to move abroad.

Does Deloitte or Price W have any departments to help individual investors?

Thanks

2. mervyn

mervyn

you don't need law firm or accounting firm, you need an immigration consultant once you set out your destination, everything will work out step by step in slow motion.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

If you are an American citizen either fahgetaboutit or fahgetaboutit continuing to be an American citizen.

Uncle Sam stills get his cut, unless you cut all ties. And even then you have to pay up before you leave completely.

4. ajacobson

ajacobson

Scale of your trading(operation). Any of the majors will have an international tax department.
    Just a question of retainer, ongoing costs and offices in the correct jurisdictions.

speedo, dealmaker and invortex like this.
  5. invortex

invortex

That is definitely an option. At least you pay once and be done with it. Pull it like a bandaid and go on with the rest of your life not having to always look for loopholes and stupid savings

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

True but you might find yourself looking over your shoulder when you visit back to the "homeland" {hate that wartime derived word}. Kinda like a parolee finally get their freedom but they better not jaywalk or back they go.

invortex likes this.
  7. invortex

invortex

So true!! This made me laugh out loud!:D

8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Being a big (NYC) city kid I kind of walk on the wild side so Belize is where I am contemplating making the move to. If at all.

Good luck whichever path you take. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  9. Overnight

Overnight

10. invortex

invortex

Can I ask you how you chose Belize?

I am looking into PR or Malta.

I am also from NYC!

#10     Nov 22, 2021