Does T3 ever provide capital, or just better leverage? I don't use more than 5x anyway.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Risepoint1879, Jan 28, 2019.

1. H2O

H2O

When I was a prop trader, I benefited from extremely low commissions and virtually unlimited buying power. Both can be important factors, especially when holding large size overnight.

Note: I traded firm capital (no money down). This type of deals appear increasingly rare these days.

#21     Jan 29, 2019
    deltaf0rce and murray t turtle like this.
  2. qlai

qlai

They may be making money on both yet you are still getting better rates than retail. Could you please comment on the mkt data fees ... Are they really marked up given that you pay pro (vs. non-pro) rates? Access to data feeds and other resources would be a big benefit, imo.

#22     Jan 29, 2019
  3. qlai

qlai

Make sure you don't.

#23     Jan 29, 2019
    deltaf0rce and murray t turtle like this.
  4. d08

d08

I've had US equities and SPY on the opposite side with strong correlation, did not notice any difference.
    PM is somewhat better in that you get roughly 6:1 sometimes on lower volatility equities and more with some very low vol indexes. Reg. T would be capped at 4:1 I believe, I have not used it for long time.

#24     Jan 29, 2019
  5. It's not necessarily better than retail. IB commissions start at .0035 per share, whereas T3 starts at .006. It does go down with volume, but so does IB.

Places like SMB get .0007 per share. They don't mark up commissions, but rather take a larger profit share.

If I remember correctly, the market data was $200 a month extra. It really comes down to the trader. If you're making money, it'll be fine. But if you're losing, these markups will just bring you down to zero faster.

#25     Jan 29, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Bekim

Bekim

My experience so far with T3 has been bad. I contacted them a while back and someone by the name of Harbogind Singh Sahota contacted me. He told me about to plans. One where you pay a 5G security deposit and another back door deal where you can prove you have a track record and no security deposit. I figure I’m consistently profitable for the last 3 year netted 95% last year I’ll go with the deal number 2. So he tells me to send personal info, brokerage statements and he will forward it to the compliance office. Well it’s been months now a he ghosted me, will not return any emails. Pisses me off because I forwarded him personal trading info.

#26     Feb 2, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. qlai

qlai

Have you tried others or T3 is the only option for some reason?
    I am curious if the way you achieved these are "attractive" to props. No overnight?

#27     Feb 2, 2019
  8. Bekim

Bekim

Have you tried others or T3 is the only option for some reason?
    Yes their is another that that I’m was told I would be hired at when try take new traders. But it’s been a while so I figured I would look around.

I explained to the guy over the phone if they would allow me to trade in the way that I trade. He said yes, but either way a response would of yes or no would be nice.

#28     Feb 2, 2019
  9. Hey Shqiptar! Why the fuck would you deal with a prop firm if your netting 95% annual? Are you all upstairs?

#29     Feb 2, 2019
  10. Bekim

Bekim

Because genius, I can always use more capital. I made 95% but I got bills to pay it’s not like I keep all that money and just grow my account. If I had a 200 thousand account I wouldn’t need anybody.

#30     Feb 2, 2019