Does trendline work?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by GloriaBrown, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Tradex

Tradex

There we go.

#191     Aug 31, 2020
  2. easymon1

easymon1

sheer genius, sir!
    So, are you tradin DICK live or just simmin' till you get your method straightined out?

[​IMG]

#192     Aug 31, 2020
  3. rcsmie

rcsmie

I'm quite flattered by your reply XDD

this would only be one of the tool.
    you can't build a house with only one tool.
    I guess DICK is even less than a tool, more like an interpretation of a tool.
    Like the imperial/metric scale on your measuring tape, lol.

#193     Sep 1, 2020
  4. What you want to do with trend lines is to also and S support and R resistant lines. You can for example trend up to a resistance and then price will reverse back down.

R and S work because there are other traders who for example may have bought at a support level. They may target the resistance. Some might want to target a higher price level, but unless there is really good news, resistance will hold. As price starts to fall back from the resistance level, traders who were long don't want to give up all of their profit and start to sell. Also, remember short sellers may starting selling into this weakness too also creating volume to drive price to trend back down to a support level.

#194     Sep 1, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. easymon1

easymon1

rty.png

#195     Dec 10, 2020
  6. %%
    OK;
    + dont expect them to track that trend/line that well long term.Especially a trend\line drawn in hindsight, but like a lagging moving average /helps anyway.......................................

#196     Dec 10, 2020
  7. taowave

taowave

Sloping trendlines are fools gold..
    Anything that is dependent on the scaling of the chart,i.e Log vs linear is questionable at best..

And I am talking purely support resistance

#197     Dec 10, 2020
  8. easymon1

easymon1

rty8.png

#198     Dec 11, 2020
  9. easymon1

easymon1

rty6.png

#199     Dec 11, 2020
  10. Fools just like watching sloping lines on chart. All most popular writers in Tradingview keep posting those non sense charts everyday.

#200     Dec 11, 2020
    taowave likes this.