Dovish fed is what they still are and will be, media is making you all believe they are hawkish

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 16, 2021.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Powell is still dovish no matter how many times they scream he is hawkish.

Today just proved once again that the fed and powell are nothing but helpless doves, don't fall for the media garbage that says he has turned hawkish. He hasn't one bit, if he was as hawkish as everyone claims him to be he would have today at this meeting just hours ago,, raised rates, yes today should have been the day he decided to go all out and become the hawk everyone claims him to be...if he was this hawk that everyone believes he is Today he should have taken the initiative to raise rates by 50 basis points. Yes 50 basis points to prove himself....That would have proved his hawkish stance, however they did the same worthless dribble they always do with their lame bullshit dot plot charts. All these predictions for rising rates in 2022, 2023 and 2024 is Nothing but a fantasy. Any bit of a slow down or a 78th Delta variant and slight tick up in unemployment and tbe fed will dial back any thought of raising rates. Talk talk tall talk talk talk is all they do when it comes to the simplest possibility of rate hikes, stop talking and take action. Raise the fu$king rates already!!!!!!

toon likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

dovish or hawkish,
    pseudo dovish or hawkish,
    fake dovish or hawkish,
    sincere dovish or hawkish,
    rates up or down,

traders don't care.

In fact, traders are pleased with whatever Fed do
    as it gives us trading opportunities.

6wives, smallfil, Bugsy and 1 other person like this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Are all of the traders here on ET short on the market? Why are they so upset that Powell is not hawkish enough? He is still tapering. When he wanted to remain committed to tapering to control inflation, the market took a dive and everybody hated him because at the same time the Moderna CEO yapped about the vaccine not going to be effective. Now he is still committed to the tapering program to control inflation with no hint of slowing down and everybody still hates him for not being hawkish enough. He just cannot win, the poor guy. Let the guy do his job!! Geez!!!

4. As a trader in the UK it doesn't directly impact me but I can see as a US trader you would be looking at it in terms of how the inaction of the Fed is going to impact your day to day life as well.

5. Bugsy

Bugsy

Volatility creates opportunity

I'm neither bull nor bear. I'm whatever the market calls me to be in the moment.

smallfil likes this.
  6. Mercor

Mercor

The fundamental question is will this Fed action slow inflation.... The market seems to conclude that the Fed tap is still open...
    In a year will the economy suffer because of a timid move by the Fed....
    Especially when the ECB actually raises rates the next day...
    Politically this is not good for Biden...The Fed may raise rates 3 times in an election year

7. zdreg

zdreg

[​IMG]

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. smallfil

smallfil

One way to help contain inflation is to defeat the Build, Back Better bill of the extreme liberal Democrats. Who does not see the huge inflationary effect of this bill? By raising the taxes on US corporations, it will result in job losses, slowdown in economic activity and raise consumer products on just about everything. Inflation is pretty bad now, it is going to be 10 times as worst if this bill passes. I have been urging Senators Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema to strip the bill of all the tax increases. If that were to happen, it will kill the bill, hopefully, for good till the November 2022 midterm elections. Hopefully, the Republicans can regain control of the House and end all this nonsensical spending. As painful as the remedy is, the Federal Reserve should raise interest rates now to curtail the massive spending going on right now.

Bugsy and murray t turtle like this.
  9. %%
    Peanuts??
    I remember that pattern from my childhood=a favorite elephant food.:D:D

piezoe likes this.
  10. Bugsy

Bugsy

As long as people keep believing the liberal media, which is nothing more than the Democrats Ministry of Propaganda, they will continue to vote against their better interests. It requires a modicum of common sense to research the actual data and facts and you wont get any of it from any mainstream media source. Unfortunately today's younger generations are not only lazy, but they want everything spoonfed to them. Sad state of affairs.

#10     Dec 16, 2021
    KCalhoun, zdreg and smallfil like this.