Dude buys 150k Jan TWTR calls

Discussion in 'Trading' started by arbs-r-us, Dec 26, 2013.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Very good trade. Took a lot of balls but paid off.

I don't understand the action. it seems like in the last 20 min the vol is getting bid again. I've never seen anything like this. Could be a computer model gone amouk and someone didn't notice?

#11     Dec 26, 2013
  2. Probably not the only guy to hear this but I know market surfer had been talking about possibly making a huge play in TWTR as the price drivers were calling for a serious move.

If I had to bet on it, I would bet that surf was moving size and he just wasn't worried about the fill price he just wanted to get the trade on. Legend.

#12     Dec 26, 2013
  3. lol!!!

#13     Dec 26, 2013
  4. sold about 7% of it. And the guy is pissed. He's ramping them back up for the close!!!! lol! And your numbers are a bit off because the stock and other calls bot is a loser(small).

#14     Dec 26, 2013
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is 100% false. Customer traded the 85/90/95 fly for .25 debit. Nice trade actually. I might follow him.

#15     Dec 26, 2013
  6. gmst

gmst

Great trading there :cool: :cool:

Who knows maybe a junior trader on a bank's equity desk drank too much yesterday night and has still not sobered. Or maybe pissed that his MD is out on vacation whereas he is there manning the book. Tomorrow, his MD will be pissed, back at this desk from his vacation and this guy shunted out of the office.....lol :D :D

Do share if you get to know who was the buyer. You are having a great end to 2013....:cool: :cool:

#16     Dec 26, 2013
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

He is full of shit. No such trade took place. Customer is NOT a net buyer of those calls. Nothing to see here, move along kids. ,

#17     Dec 26, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't think smurf had any money left after his latest blowup.

#18     Dec 26, 2013
  9. Mav, he didn't buy any flies. None. He was iceberg bidding all three strikes showing 100. Just kept jamming 500 and 1k orders in, all instantly filled. Not saying paying 25c is unreasonable, but it's not what happened.

#19     Dec 26, 2013
  10. I already offered 10k to charity of choice to the provider of the CORRECT information on the buyer. Mav is mistaken.

#20     Dec 26, 2013