Dude buys 150k Jan TWTR calls

Discussion in 'Trading' started by arbs-r-us, Dec 26, 2013.

1. I WILL POST THE CONFIRMS IF YOU MAKE THE 10k DONATION. DEAL? Baron can hold the money and give it back to you or forward it to MY CHARITY OF CHOICE. DEAL? In fact, lets make it $500,000. You need to go jump.

#31     Dec 26, 2013
  2. Entirely possible. The spastic nature of the buying however was suspect. I see MAYBE one or two of these A YEAR. Not the norm.

#32     Dec 26, 2013
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

He may not have traded the call but it's less likely to be a lie than some other people on here. It would be great to see a screenshot. But I'm less interested in that.

I'm more interested in understanding why the upside got so bid. I'm not saying the fly didn't trade. But the vol surface is acting like it was a lot of upside call buying. That being said, it's TWTR and the surface can be prone to all sorts of funny stuff.

#33     Dec 26, 2013
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1x_QbVDlLbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#34     Dec 26, 2013
  5. This looks like panic buying. I also think it's impossible that somebody 'know's something' since this type of trading is not under the radar by any means -- too sloppy and easily investigatible (and confiscatible). Guy might as well call the SEC directly and ask for some handcuffs in advance if there are rumblings.

I joined call sellers today (but of nearer strikes).

• twtr.png
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
    #35     Dec 26, 2013
  6. FXforex

FXforex

I think this fly is too tight, wings should be 80 and 100.

#36     Dec 26, 2013
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

He put the thing on for next to nothing. The 80/90/100 fly would have set him back a few bucks.

#37     Dec 26, 2013
  8. MAV, LET'S MAKE A BET. ONE MILLION DOLLARS(OR MORE). ME VS. YOU. MLPRO OR GSEC OR ANY REPUTABLE ATTORNEY CAN HANDLE THE MONEY. WE EACH MAKE THE ESCROW DEPOSIT. THE "BET" IS IF I DID OR DID NOT MAKE AT LEAST 1.4mm (MARK TO MARKET) TODAY ON THE TWTR OPTION SHITSTORM. WANT TO GO FOR IT???? YOU KNOW I'VE RESPECTED EVERYTHING YOU EVER POSTED ON ET. UNTIL TODAY. MAKE MY DAY. I'M READY. IF YOU'RE NOT READY, RETRACT YOUR COMMENTS.

#38     Dec 26, 2013
  9. FXforex

FXforex

Most flies that are tight like that are very cheap, but the target is too narrow in my opinion.

#39     Dec 26, 2013
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let's bet 100 billion dollars. I'll let Don Bright hold my money. I trust him.

#40     Dec 26, 2013