Dude buys 150k Jan TWTR calls

Discussion in 'Trading' started by arbs-r-us, Dec 26, 2013.

1. I don't have 100b, but I'm fairly certain each of us can afford the 1mm. And I WILL let Don be the escrow. Time to put up or shut up.

#41     Dec 26, 2013
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Come on dude, this is amateur hour. You should know better. You've been on ET too long for this crap. The whole BS of making a bet is you are trying to make sure the other side doesn't bet. A gentleman would post his screen shot and call it a day. But there is no screen shot. I understand that. You can call out any number you want. If I had made the trade, I would post the screen shot. If I didn't make the trade, I would go around ET desperately betting people 1 million. It's a ruse. And you should know better.

#42     Dec 26, 2013
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I sold some strangles. It felt like the depth on the bid was deep. I would send market orders and get filled just south of mid.

I think this is an example of the madness of crowds with a stock trading like a tulip bulb.

#43     Dec 26, 2013
  4. Ain't no ruse Mav. Why don't you prove me wrong? I'm a capitalist. I would have no problem taking your million bucks. Certainly you should have no problem taking mine if I lose. Ready when you are.

#44     Dec 26, 2013
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I agree with you now that arbs is full of sht.

#45     Dec 26, 2013
  6. arbs, i like u a lot over here ; but damn..mav is 1000% correct in this instance "imo". the bet is dumb (as are all bets). a screenshot would be the right way to settle the issue.

of course, i am biased myself to screenshots, lol

#46     Dec 26, 2013
  7. Feel free to take Mav's side of the bet. Don Bright is ok by me to hold the money for both of us. This is open to anybody else here too.

#47     Dec 26, 2013
  8. SIV66, he may be correct on the "boasting" concept but why not take the bet?? One Million US Dollars. Would be a fitting end to a huge year in the markets for one of us!!!!

#48     Dec 26, 2013
  9. This jagoff works for a clearing firm. Don't believe a word he says. He still owes me fifty large from another wager. The confirm is meaningless as he's got access to the BO. He once posted a screenshot of some AAPL trades but it was the clearing firm's number (not a cust. number). He then deleted it.

My guess is that his firm didn't touch the order this time 'round hence the chest pounding and demand for more and more cash. Another hindsight-trading troll that f*cks puppies.

Nothing else to say.

#49     Dec 26, 2013
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

it's a shame that what could have been an interesting conversation about an outsized vol move turned into a big dick contest on an anonymous forum.

#50     Dec 26, 2013