Dude buys 150k Jan TWTR calls

Discussion in 'Trading' started by arbs-r-us, Dec 26, 2013.

1. I'm sorry I missed it. Where did vol go out?

#51     Dec 26, 2013
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

jan approx 100 (from 70ish)
    jun 80 (from 65ish)

jan skew is inverted.

#52     Dec 26, 2013
  3. Holy shit. Jan serial at 100! You have to be nuts not to be in the Jan and Feb flies tomorrow.

#53     Dec 26, 2013
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Yeah. Insane. I sold some 70 85 strangles in jan.

If you have patience i bet there's 30 vols in June.

#54     Dec 26, 2013
  5. gmst

gmst

arbs-r-us,

one poster says you did not execute these trades and is asking you to post trade confirms, another poster says you work for clearing firm....whatever....I really do not care.

Whether you made 1.4 million dollars from this trade or not, whether you work for a clearing firm and just monitored these trades or not, it really doesn't matter. What matters is that you started this thread and that helped me and (many others) to see & learn about this trade. I trade only futures and don't track individual equities and options, so otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten to know of this very interesting trade.

I would like to thank you for just starting this thread and bringing this trade to my attention. Of course, if you can post a screenshot, it will be nice, but if you don't want to its perfectly fine (at least for me). Happy Holidays and Have a great New Year!

#55     Dec 26, 2013
  6. You LOST that bet f-tard, and I posted the evidence to prove such. It wasn't a GTC offer. As the exchange rules state "subject to immediate acceptance".

Now if you want to earn(or lose) a quick million, why don't you take up the bet on TWTR?

#56     Dec 26, 2013
  7. The regular Jan 85, 90 & 95 calls exceeded 140 in the heat of it all. Unlimited iceberg orders. Crazy.

#57     Dec 26, 2013
  8. You lost the bet (on price) and disappeared for months. Anyone can search and see for themselves. You welched and it serves no purpose to wager with a spinless f*ck like yourself. You were gloating and commenting on the method of payment mid-day when you thought you were going to win the bet:

www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3395412&highlight=arbsrus#post3395412

I'll post the name of the firm he works for when he posts the confirm with name attached. You can even redact the last name. Hell is freezing over.

#58     Dec 26, 2013
  9. asswipe, stop replying. I wasn't addressing you.

#59     Dec 26, 2013
  10. Take the million. Go ahead. Make my day. f-tard. And even though you are 100% wrong about what the market did after I offered the wager in 2011, if you insist, I'll add the 50k to the 1mm if I lose.. You can subtract it if you lose.

#60     Dec 26, 2013