earnings trades for July 2015

Discussion in 'Options' started by traderlux, Jun 21, 2015.

1. planning to do some earnings trades for July 2015 for the following stocks,

AAPL, AMZN, NFLX, PCLN, TSLA

http://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=111&t=AAPL, AMZN, NFLX, PCLN, TSLA

I would buy calls (or puts, or both) that expire AFTER the earnings date.
    Options OTM, delta about 15-25.
    Looking for a run up in IV into earnings.
    I would close before the E/R.

I will post some specifics here if I open any positions.

OTM-Options likes this.
  2. xandman

xandman

Nice choices. What was the reason for the FINVIZ link. Did you have any Filters?

3. FINVIZ link just get a quick over view, not sure why only AAPL got the hot link.
    I picked these because there is a lot of trader interest on these stocks, the info also came from a noram asset webinar with Tim Reazor

http://noramassetmanagement.com/

4. xandman

xandman

Those tickers show excellent seasonality in volatility. Though, the upcoming earnings period has the least seasonal movement between earnings periods.

Not to steal your thunder: I have long butterflies on AMZN, NFLX, and TSLA but the Theta is starting to burn a hole in my pocket.

Looking forward to your posts.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    londonkid likes this.
  5. xandman

xandman

Wrong. The MM has a diversified position across the whole volatility surface. The MM already got his pound of flesh from the bid/ask spread and just needs to manage the exposures on the way to expiration and a full realization of profit.

Btw, 78 posts in 2 days. Mostly flame posts lacking substance. Did Mommy just give you back the internet or are you just waiting for the admin to come around and ban you?

londonkid likes this.

6. Five of the "ten horseman", good option plays at anytime - including earnings. I posted those very options to my profile on April 15, 2015.

TWTR has been replaced with MSFT. I very rarely will venture outside of my ten choices plus QQQ when it comes to options.

:)

7. take a look at FCX and SLB, weeklys on these can have some pretty good moves.

8. AMZN e/r is July 23,
    consider the following, I am NOT in the trade, from Thu June 25,
    Jul wk 4 490 call @ $3.77