Elon Musk takes shots at Joe Biden after SpaceX sends civilians to space

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kmiklas, Sep 20, 2021.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

New York (CNN Business)Elon Musk mocked President Joe Biden over the weekend after Saturday's successful splashdown of SpaceX's Inspiration4 flight carried four tourists on a three-day orbital mission.

When someone asked Musk on Twitter why Biden hadn't acknowledged the accomplishment, the SpaceX and Tesla CEO offered some choice words.

"He's still sleeping," Musk responded in the Sunday afternoon tweet, echoing the insult of former President Donald Trump, who referred to Biden by the nickname "Sleepy Joe."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/20/tech/elon-musk-tweets-joe-biden/index.html

traderob, Millionaire and Nobert like this.
  2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

He's just being a South African, Joe knows this.

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

you never go full cringe:

[​IMG]

4. Elon Musk's hair transplant procedure...is like looking at an egg or cue ball, with doll hair glued on.

It's maddening to stare at. You feel like yanking it off, or shaving it off yourself. That dude should be near bald right now, naturally.

5. d08

d08

Irony is that Elon never volunteers himself to go to space. Better have others take the risk, perhaps he doesn't really believe in his product.

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

I doubt that's the case. More than likely it's the major shareholders of TSLA, I mean think about it. What would happen to the stock price if something happened to Elon? It would crash and trade at a PE equal to that of Ford or GM... putting the stock at about $30. Tops.

That said.... I'm surprised Elon hasn't pulled a stunt like this:

You know how he likes to manipulate his stock price with Tweets etc... man oh man. He should announce he's going up on one of his rockets on some risky mission to prove a point. Announce the date. The friggin IV on the options would go to the moon. I mean higher than any TSLA earnings report ever.

Then, he can have his band of WS cronies sell a gillion puts and calls at astronomical premiums.... only to have Elon cancel the whole shebang at the last minute for technical concerns.
    Want to profit off a vol-crush... that would be one for the ages. :D

(I shouldn't give these guys any ideas lol)

7. Ricter

Ricter

Musk is the archetypal disconnected capitalist, but coming to prominence on the downslope of civilization 35.

8. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

He better be more careful what he says.

As it is, NASA, Boeing and Lockheed are seething because they simply cannot get their systems working properly and are getting *smoked* by several private firms SpaceX among them.

Joe Biden is no SpaceX fan.

9. Also....how small is Elon's dick that he cares whether he got an "Atta boy" from any President over his waste of money rocket launch....

10. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not sure he does care, it was the reporter's question that seems to imply that Biden deliberately or inadvertently snubbed him. But you're right on one level, it is small indeed. Like so many of our masters of the universe, it is not enough to be rich, they want to be revered.

#10     Sep 21, 2021