Emini Fading System

Discussion in 'Journals' started by buddhabless, Dec 6, 2007.

1. I'm loving this thread. Couple Questions for you.

1. How many days do you go back to base the market profile off of, and when the market is making recent new highs like it has been the last week or so, how do you get the numbers for a short that is higher than any numbers we've seen for a couple months?
    2. How many points do you let each of these contracts run before moving your stop to breakeven? I have been using your system in my practice account, and the trade will start to go in my direction like 1.5 points on the er2 for example, but then I move the stop to breakeven and it comes back and gets hit before continuing back in a profitable direction causing me to miss some great moves.

Having the trade go against me and hitting my stop-loss is one thing, but if I had a good one-and-a-half point profitable trade come back through my breakeven, and then go and hit my stop-loss to lose 2 points, is unbearable to think of.

#131     May 7, 2008
  2. Here is the recap for May 6. Results are 3 winners, 1 loser and 1 breakeven. Breakeven becasue it gave about +12pts on the ym short and stay at that level for about 40min into the close. So there was plenty of time for trader to exit at breakeven.

I did not post the Roadmap for today. I will resume posting again on Monday.

• 5608.pdf
      File size:
      58.3 KB
      Views:
    #132     May 8, 2008
  3. Hollywood,

I am glad you are enjoying the thread. I can't really tell you how I derive those numbers. Just use it and hopefully can make some green on it.

On your second question, I think you are keeping your stop too tight. In this high vix market you need to give some breathing room for the trade to work out. Say you have 2 contracts on ER short. You partial out first one for +1.5pts. You can either set your stop at -1.5pts for breakeven trade or keep the same -2pts for a small loss of -.50 for the trade. You need to let the trade run it's course. These S/R lines can be much more than scalping if you let the trade work. Over a period of time the big winners should cancel out all the times you were stop out. Good luck.

#133     May 8, 2008
  4. bh_prop

bh_prop

Actually enjoyed tracking your trade journal. Do you plan on posting again anytime soon?

#134     May 21, 2008
  5. Thanks let me think about it. I am not getting alot of demand for it. My intention was for people to use it and make money of it. So far I don't think anyone actually uses it even though it has a good track record. Thus, no need for me to force it on anyone.

#135     May 21, 2008
  6. I for one was loving this thread. I just picked up on it a couple weeks before you stopped posting, so I really didn't have much time to try it out. I would love to use it to make money though if I really have too :p

#136     May 21, 2008