End of loose monetary policy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by CoolTrader, Nov 30, 2021.

1. vandelay

vandelay

Powell and other Fed members personally have millions in the market. Wait until the market drops 5 pct and they start s**ting in their pants - time for more QE.

#31     Dec 1, 2021
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

#32     Dec 1, 2021
  3. JSOP

JSOP

You are confusing vaccines with treatments. Vaccines are there to prevent you from getting sick or getting sick with less symptoms i.e. being alive and transmitting to others or at least transmitting to others less. It's a preventative measure. It doesn't necessarily mean that as soon as you get the vaccine, you will never get infected that somehow once the virus sees that you are vaccinated it's going to avoid you altogether and infect the next person. It's the same as other vaccines for like rotavirus or polio. If you REALLY want to test people at any time, sure you are going to find people that are positive with the rotavirus or polio. Are you going to say the vaccine is ineffective? No we still get them besides those anti-vaxxers. Why? Because it keeps us alive!! We get infected but it doesn't affect us. We keep the diseases under control to the point of eliminating them. Polio was almost eradicated until recently thanks to the anti-vaxxing movement now there is again a rise in polio in America. It's ridiculous that the anti-vaxxers run around and point to all those cases and yelling "cases!! cases!! these people are vaccinated but there are still cases!!"Viruses are always going to be there; they will always be infecting people. The key is when they infect us, the vaccine has trained our bodies to detect them, kill them before they have a chance to survive and take hold and in covid-19's case mutate. It's like seatbelts. Just because you wear the seatbelt doesn't mean that you will never get into an accident ever again. No, seatbelts are there to keep you alive and keep others alive possibly so you won't be tossed around and bump into other people in case of an accident. But you can't be looking at accidents and say "accidents!! accidents!! Look these people are wearing seatbelts and they are still getting accidents so I am not going to wear seatbelts!"

Treatments are what you do AFTER you have already contracted the disease. It's an adjuvant measure. Just because there are treatments doesn't mean that you shouldn't get vaccines to prevent you from getting sick when you get infected with the virus!! That's why I say more efforts should be put into treatment efforts to treat the covid-19 infections instead of just letting it run rampant and rely solely on vaccines. But you would still need vaccines at the same time. There are treatments that can get rid of a flu infection in just 3 days but people still get the flu vaccine. Same in the car example, just because after you got into an accident, there are hospitals who can treat your injuries, you would still need to wear seatbelts from preventing you to get too seriously injured or die because accidents can be fatal.

Can't really understand why those anti-vaxxers don't understand these simple reasons. They keep bringing god into this. Look god wanted you to survive so that's why He created this vaccine same as He created natural antibodies, OK??!! Jeeez!!!

#33     Dec 1, 2021
    VicBee and Overnight like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I thought that once I got into the accident and suffered serious injury because I was not wearing a seatbelt (vaccine), I would not get into another accident because I am now immune to accidents (Natural immunity). So why bother wearing the seatbelt (vaccine) now?

#34     Dec 1, 2021
  5. JSOP

JSOP

And god created seatbelts too!! Everything is created by god!!

#35     Dec 1, 2021
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Did God ever get into an accident, and if not, does He wear a seatbelt?

#36     Dec 1, 2021
  7. JSOP

JSOP

That's irrelevant. God is almighty!! God created the vaccine and wants everyone to be vaccinated just like for all other diseases. On the 8th day, God looked down on the earth that he created and said I need something that can prevent people from getting sick from the virus covid-19 and possibly eradicating it, so God created a vaccine.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    #37     Dec 1, 2021
  8. %%
    Maybe most are thinking like FLA=good .
    Italy was heavy in smoking,
    heavy in old age,
    heavy in socialized med. DR Senator rand Paul noted 100 million in usa already have had it.
    NOT a prediction, not insured by any federal agency.

#38     Dec 2, 2021