Equity&options&bonds long/short simulator

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cartm, Jan 18, 2003.

1. cartm

cartm

I apologize if this has been brought up before, I did a search and found nothing relevant. I am looking for a simulator/tracker that would enable me to follow a fictitious portfolio of 50k, 20k stocks, 20k bonds, 10k covered call and futures arb. I tried www.markettocracy.com and auditrack and was unimpressed, markettocracy only allows long positions in equity. The thing here is the variety of vehicles as well as being able to follow short positions. Is my best bet here signing up for realtick, pay the 250 a month, just to track, not to trade? But I don't think they do bonds. I am using esignal for futures, does the fuller more advanced version allow for this type of simulation? Are there any alternatives out there, I don't mind paying the $$ but would rather find something a little less expensive especially considering I am only using this to track not to trade. BTW, I am only interested in eod not rt. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated, even if its a link to a previous thread that I may have missed. p.s. I don't have excel on my comp right now.

2. cartm

cartm

I just found this .... www.stocktrak.com ...its got futures/bonds/mutual funds/options..........anyone use this, anyone know of anything better?.....TY