ES Journal - 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hafez50

hafez50

You stop out ?

#23391     May 12, 2020
    Sekiyo likes this.
  2. I guess what you mean is you put in the hours and got rewarded with gut feeling.

'What doesn't go up must come down' does not really help. I understand what you are trying to say, but in that spot 'what doesn' t come down must go up' was just as applicable for me. If that makes sense.

Anyway, nice call and thanks for your effort to explain :thumbsup:

#23392     May 12, 2020
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Don't worry, Powell is speaking tomorrow morning at 9AM. He'll salve the bulls.

Or, he'll pull a repeat of Feb 2018 and send the markets down 10%! Can never tell with that guy, lol!

#23393     May 12, 2020
    Sekiyo likes this.
  4. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

If only ..
    :banghead:

#23394     May 12, 2020
  5. IB_Dude

IB_Dude

I'll be very interested in others' insight as to that last hour selloff. It was a clean break down that cut through several price levels like they weren't even there. Is there a macro event on the horizon?

EDIT: Didn't @vanzandt said earlier that we are climbing the stairs up but taking the window down "with a view"?

#23395     May 12, 2020
  6. hafez50

hafez50

Were's you stop?

#23396     May 12, 2020
    Sekiyo likes this.
  7. schizo

schizo

We might get a chance to run back up to 2880. Good luck.

#23397     May 12, 2020
    Sekiyo likes this.
  8. #23398     May 12, 2020
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

I don't think those things last very long, depends on what you run, but 10 minutes might be the max with a PC.

If it happens a lot, and you want an uninterruptible power supply, something that'll power a desktop, a good sized monitor, and your modem for the whole trading day if the power goes out big-time... this sounds a tad redneck I know, but you can build one yourself.

Here's less than $250, and it will easily last 10 hours.

Get a sealed (for indoor use) deep-cycle marine battery
    https://tinyurl.com/y73k8j43
    A decent 1500 Watt inverter
    https://tinyurl.com/y8p2c746
    And a small 12v car battery charger.
    https://tinyurl.com/yblrfx6g

Put them out of the way, just plug your equipment into the inverter and keep the trickle charge on the battery.
    That's an uninterruptible supply. It'll protect against any surges too in the event of a lightening strike or something.

If you don't care about having to re-boot your PC and then reloading your trading software if the power goes out, that takes a few minutes, you can just eliminate the battery charger and keep the inverter and the battery out in your garage. You're pretty quick fingered so that extra few minutes might matter to you. Either way, spend a couple hundred and you'll never have to worry.

#23399     May 12, 2020
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Oh yeah I forgot, let me put on my B1 hat here...

BOOM!

+100

#23400     May 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.