ES vs ER2

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mrmoose63, Apr 22, 2005.

What futures contract do you trade and why?

Poll closed May 2, 2005.
  1. ES

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. ER2

34 vote(s)
    44.7%
  3. NQ/YM

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Other Future Contract (QM,EC...ect)

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Don't trade Futures

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. I've been comparing these two trying to determine which one I'd perfer to trade... My question to you is ... which do you trade and why?

Some of the factors I've considered

ES - HUGE LIQUIDITY
    -Good Leverage
    -the Futures industry "standard"

ER2 - BETTER LEVERAGE
    - Smaller tick increments

2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i dont think liquidity in any of these will be a concern for you at the moment.

3. I've traded both and my risk to reward is better with YM.

When I compute stats of actual trading results, I've found that I have better trading signals for that market.

4. For the last two weeks or so I would tend to agree with you... especially in the last few days!! But I don't see this type of volitility as something that will be a long term thing... as nice is that would be.. when ranges get tighter liquidity is important

5. What kinda signals are you trading from? Price action? Pivots? Indicator setups?

6. ER2 really moves. I love the volatility of ER2 compared to the other indices. I only trade the ER2 now, no more stocks for me.

7. Wow... the poll sure shows ER2 as being a favorite... what were the factors you went through when determine which contract to trade?

8. The Russel future is great ! However, I wonder wether it will be difficult to trade e.g. 30 contracts at once... how is the slippage in the ER2 ?

Greetings

Marsupilami:D

9. ER2 gives you the biggest bang for the buck!!!!!........remember though just like leverage that can be good or bad,,,,,,,,

10. BCE

BCE

Also wondering what brokerages you all use to trade with and your likes and dislikes about them.

#10     Apr 22, 2005