eSignal End of Day: a review

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GeorgeSoros, Feb 27, 2004.

1. I have had the chance to try the eSignal End of Day service which cost 295usd per year so around 24.5usd per month.

I was looking for a solution to download data in order to fill the gaps in my Tradestation 2000, that I usually feed with IB feed (mainly because Eurex feed on eSignal was slower than IB in the past).

So yes, with this service you can use eSignal plugin for Tradestation which allows you to download all the missing ticks if any. You can also use eSignal features like advanced charts.

From 4:30pm to 9:00am you can display charts and view all the quotes in delayed mode.
    From 9:00am to 4:30pm, you can't even display a chart (even in delayed mode) as all symbols queries will give you a red EOD symbol box.

Normally all exchanges & products should be available but indeed I found the following limitations :
    - FOREX: even if the delayed forex is available (in eSignal realtime it costs 10 usd per month) they don't offer it and nobody knows why (product marketing mistake?)

- IDEM, HKFE, SNFE : they were introduced in eSignal 7.5 and no delayed service exists right now so you can't display any of the futures on those marketplaces in eSignal EOD or download them with eSignal plugin for Tradestation.
    I assume the list of non available exchanges in EOD will grow with the release of 7.6 and all the new asian exchanges.
    Unfortunately eSignal says IDEM, HKFE, SNFE will be offered in delayed services in the next monthes (but it is non precise and I am afraid it can take them a long time)

I also tried to see if extended historical data was available (a feature of 7.5) but couldn't download more than 3 months on 6B #F (GBP/USD CME future) when indeed there are supposed to deliver 6 months of data.

Maybe other people are using eSignal EOD and can give inputs on this thread. Globally I think the value of this package is very good, but I would like eSignal to release all the exchanges available in realtime version with this EOD package.