Even with inflation in 1970. It only took 1 worker

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 25, 2009.

1. I can name three right off the top of my head but why don't you instead do something constructive like face the obvious... that it's unrealistic to expect to realize the American dream as a pizza delivery driver? Then maybe you can stop tilting at windmills and pursue a career that's more likely to help you reach that goal.

The professions of the three are: construction, military officer and education.

#181     Mar 2, 2009
  2. Wow did I hit a nerve? Kinda defensive there, aren't we.

I trade bullion, kiddo. Buying most for myself and arbitraging the rest. And opening a small account to make a few swing shorts, because I see something. I don't make a living from daytrading anymore, I'm working on multi-million, multi-year projects.

So whatever your account size is, real or imaginary, does not matter to me. For all I know, mommy & daddy left you a trust fund to play with. My impression is that you are some asian kid in his 20s that daytrades for a few hundred a day and lives a very relaxed lifestyle. At least, that's what I was told. For some reason, it seemed to fit the bill. And I never saw anything wrong with that, as at one point I had that lifestyle, I often miss those days.

You're overflowing with insecurity as if I made a personal attack.

#182     Mar 2, 2009
  3. itsame

itsame

The american dream is not to own a home.

The American Dream is the freedom that allows all citizens of the United States to pursue their goals in life through hard work and free choice.

KEY WORDS to look at. ALLOW ciitzens to PURSUE....through hard work and FREE CHOICE

Just because you don't get there, doesn't mean you are a bad person. Sandy, I wish you all the best. Please move to florida, disconnect your cell phone and cable and go to a state university.

#183     Mar 2, 2009
  4. ammo

ammo

my daughter was born in 84,she finished college a year ago,she's young and struggling,in chicago,real estate is too expensive for most,in iowa u could buy a nice house for 70k,thats about $500 a month,your young,you will struggle and learn,being negative will slow you down,you need to learn to channel your thoughts in a productive ,positive direction,thinking negative thoughts is like eating bad food,it'll make u sick ,just like u wont eat food that smells bad,don't allow yourself to have negative thoughts,you were taught to think,now improve on what you were taught,your grown up and out of the nest,all the resposibility rests on you,you want to win ,you have to think like a winner

#184     Mar 2, 2009
  5. Me:
    1. My parents didn't leave nor ever give me a single dollar. All the "things" they have given me were both immaterial and invaluable, such as a strong sense of thrift and a good work ethic.
    2. I'm 35. I don't day trade, I trade weekly time frames... not that this makes any difference whatsoever.

You:
    1. You're broke and don't trade but are running your mouth on a trading board. Just another teenage ET piker.
    2. You're probably the 4th of 5th guy that calls me out but then when I reply accepting the challenge people like you get wet feet. How come? Maybe you weren't hugged enough as a child?

#185     Mar 2, 2009
  6. What makes you think you should have been born healthy. You should have all been born ill, mentally retarded, blind in one eye, deaf in your f_king ears and with some kind of disgusting cancer.

You are entitled to nothing.

#186     Mar 3, 2009
  7. Funny, cause you pretend to daytrade from your posts. But now you swing trade. Yet I did hit a nerve and I think the info I got on you is correct. Keep living in that illussion, just stay away from posting youtube videos about yourself in the future. Common sense.

A challenge? Are you kidding me? You're gonna post your brokerage account on an anonymous message board, as if it means anything? Give me a few days, I'll make one up also. Do you want IB, OptionsXpress or MBTrading?
    You have such a drive to prove something, so what is your problem? If you are so amazing & successful, why even care about some internet "call out", lol. Must be the repressed memories of being picked on as a teenager.

As for me being broke, let me just it this way. When the shit hits the fan (and it will), I'll be kind and give you change & some food when you're begging on the corner. Well, only if you lose that shitty attitude.

#187     Mar 3, 2009
  8. Who are you talking to? I am assuming it's me. I am 90% blind in one eye, and have had 2 surgery’s and need one more, if it makes you feel better. Your screen name tells me everything I need to know about you. You should fit in well around here.

#188     Mar 3, 2009