Every Trading Method Known to Man and Beast? Right Here Baby!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by easymon1, Sep 2, 2019.

1. easymon1

easymon1

2. easymon1

easymon1

#182     Feb 17, 2021
  3. easymon1

easymon1

#183     Feb 20, 2021
  4. It's not astrology. Astrology is based on Greek and Roman mythology, whereas lunar cycle effects have nothing to do with houses or constellations or the personality traits of Artemis/Diana or other Greco-Roman deities. People react emotionally to changes in the lunar cycle (whose average length of 29 days is also the length of the typical menstrual cycle). Stock volatility is known to peak around the full moon and hit a low around the new moon. Also, stocks perform better on sunny days in New York than on overcast days, again because of mood effects.

#184     Feb 23, 2021
  5. This looks like the "Delta" cycle system popularized (but not discovered) by Wilder. I have read Wilder's book, but I haven't tested it outside of the examples that he provides. It seems a bit time consuming, and I prefer charts that I can size up quickly. However, it might be worth the time if it really has phenomenal accuracy, but I tend to be skeptical of methods that claim high rates of accuracy. Everything seems to be mildly probablistic whether it is lagging or non-lagging. Has anyone ever found an indicator that gives better than a small edge? I am open minded, but I doubt it, so I prefer to get my edge from simple but robust indicators, patterns, etc. that take very little time to assess or update.

#185     Feb 23, 2021
  6. easymon1

easymon1

Sounds like a topic for a Thread of It's Own.

The "Delta" cycle system Wilder
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/the-delta-cycle-system-wilder.356364/

#186     Feb 23, 2021
  7. easymon1

easymon1

How to Trade Using Renko Charts | Renko-Based Trading Strategies

"...Sometimes the optimal way to gain an edge in trading
    is to reduce or eliminate anything that might detract from it.
    In other words, addition by subtraction.
    In the realm of trading, we’re talking about the balance between signal to noise–reducing one to strengthen the other.

https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...charts-renko-based-trading-strategies.356562/
    renko 998.png
    renko day trading strategy.png

#187     Mar 1, 2021
  8. easymon1

easymon1

tr heatmap Monthly-Market ave % change Currencies, stocks, Gold, Crude commodities.png

#188     Mar 4, 2021
  9. easymon1

easymon1

#189     Mar 6, 2021
  10. easymon1

easymon1