Exit is more important than entries

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by metatrader54, Oct 3, 2019.

1. GotherL

GotherL

It really depends on your style and what your trading imo. The bigger the potential winner the harder and more important the exit. If your just in for a quick scalp then entry becomes more important.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    #21     Oct 25, 2019
  2. rider20

rider20

I agree. For me both entry and exit points are crucial points. You can’t take either of it lightly.

#22     Nov 21, 2019
  3. rknas

rknas

You just need to learn it, can't say one is more important or harder than the other. For a trend trading swing system like mine on the ES, I scale out on new highs or lows guided by Price Action driven lines.

#23     Nov 27, 2019
  4. The discussion about a good or bad exit is only a discussion of discretionary traders. If you have a solid system, you have clear determined entrys and exits.

If you are in a trade as a systematic trader there is no "if" or "when" or "maybe". The exit is clear at the beginning of your trade.

#24     Nov 27, 2019
  5. Hey, the thing you want to know when you are in a trade is if the power of buyers or sellers is slowing down - regards especially to intraday trading - for that Bookmap gives me a clearer view to spot an exhaustion of one of the sides. the bubbles in the software can imply if one side is pushing but the other one holds him back.

#25     Dec 1, 2019
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Much truth in your statement.
    Simplified further, applicable to all styles of trading...
    There are only 3 signals: continuation, change, and sideline.

#26     Dec 1, 2019