"Fat tax" gaining steam in the UK

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, Jul 12, 2010.

1. http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2010/07/11/14679411.html

"Leading British doctors will urge the UK government Monday to impose a "fat tax" on junk food and introduce cigarette-style warnings to children about the dangers of poor diets and products high in fat, salt or sugar."

What WON'T they tax in the UK?!

2. They should tax all fat people to offset the medical burden to society!

3. No way it can gain too much support, everyone there is fat...

4. Who's fatter, Americans or Brits?

I bet its Americans

5. MattF

MattF

Rob the fat to give to the skinny...

6. I was in London last year, and let me tell you, I felt like I was in middle America. They were definitely fatter than the folks here in NYC, and I don't think this city is known for its leanness. Central London (Picadilly Circus) looked like the parking lot of a KFC in Middle America.

Another thing that got me was that at the hot spot night clubs, there were scores of fatties. The skinny chicks were very hard to find and very much in demand. I kept seeing British guys in excellent physical shape dancing with grotesque fatties; I ceased to be amazed when, after seeing all the 'cool' clubs, I realized that was the norm. The women are so fat and skinny women so few and far between that the men have learned to accept and, even dare I say, embrace it. Suffice it to say, I would never dare visit London with the intention of a promiscuous encounter unless you're into boning beached whales.

7. Picadilly Circus is usually full of American tourists,like you.

Probably why it seemed like it was full of fat bastards.

Americans are known worldwide for 2 things.

1 - being insanely stupid

2 - being fat

The only people that don't know this are of course the Americans.