FCA clears Binance, saying that the exchange has complied with its requirements

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by mlawson71, Aug 30, 2021.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

Two months ago the British regulator FCA banned Binance after declaring the exchange unfit to operate in the UK, but recently it cleared them for operation in its jurisdiction once again.

In June the FCA warned traders that Binance was “not permitted to undertake any regulated activity in the UK.” That occurred during a growing regulatory scrutiny over the exchange on a global level – the financial regulators in Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, and several EU countries declared the operations of the exchange in their jurisdiction illegal.

Binance ended up pulling out of Malaysia altogether and stopped offering crypto derivatives in Hong Kong, Germany, Australia, Italy, and the Netherlands.

In the UK they apparently took multiple steps to clean up their act and comply with the FCA’s regulatory requirements – that included rolling out mandatory KYC requirements, lowering the leverage on its futures products from 1:125 to 1:20, andremoving some products altogether, such as tokenized stock offerings, among other things.

It really shouldn't have taken this much regulatory scrutiny for them to clean up their act.

2. cesfx

cesfx

Yesterday I was able to stake coins in binance saving accounts. First time I even try.
    Later, I wondered how I was able to, considering those limits.

johnarb likes this.
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

Are you in the UK? If not, they may only apply to the UK jurisdiction.

4. cesfx

cesfx

I am unfortunately :D

mlawson71 likes this.
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

I am glad you managed to stake coins then.

cesfx likes this.
  6. cesfx

cesfx

Yeah... Just being ironic anyway, and maybe missing some sunshine.

7. Saxio

Saxio

Now let’s what happens in other jurisdictions ..

8. mlawson71

mlawson71