FCF as chart

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by simba0020, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Good Sunday Together

I am looking for a way to use the free cash flow as an indicator.
    on the chart.

Does anyone know a possibility?
    Thanks a lot

Merry Christmas with the dearest

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. themickey

themickey

Do you mean a company's free cash flow to determine whether that company is worth investing in?
    The greater the free cash flow the more fundamentally strong the company?

Not using as a stock/mkt timer but just as an stock approval filter?

simba0020 likes this.
  3. Hello themickey

YES, if I understood it correctly.

I saw it today in a seminar using an example on AAPL, the price came 2 or 3 highest below its fair FCF,so great entry signals

4. [​IMG]

5. SunTrader

SunTrader

How is FCF calculated or determined?

6. ph1l

ph1l

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/033015/what-formula-calculating-free-cash-flow.asp

themickey likes this.
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

8. themickey

themickey

I've been trading decades, trading is a journey, we continually pick up new concepts and discard others, even after decades.
    Free cash flow is another tool in your arsenal, if using fundamentals I look at several things, net debt, net profit, net margin, P/E, FCF, revenue, mkt Capitilization, Directors, Niche business/moat, how much net proft covers net debt etc.

Some traders ignore everything and just consult charts, price, perhaps with or without volume. There is merit to this method.

My experience, often stupid stocks rise stupidly, they rise purely on the crowd being attached (momentarily in time, eg a fad that fades with time) to the hype, eg hydrogen theme or technology theme or crypto theme.... etc, so fundamentals become meaningless.

What I found interesting was OP could find free cashflow charts as an indicator, I don't recall ever seeing a provider supply these.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  9. taowave

taowave

Stock Rover may have it as a charitable metric,but it's a waste of time as a timing indicator..

It's announced every 3 months for the earlier quarter..

How could cash flow from operations- cap ex help???

As a screen metric yes,timing indicator NOPE

longandshort and themickey like this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Did you see my post above - #7?

The OP has a squiggly indicator line on his chart. It is not a straight line - quarter to quarter. So it would seem it is not just cash flow projected forward.

Let's see what they have to say and whether that explains it.

#10     Nov 14, 2021