Feature request (small) Subscribed thread change

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by damon_achey, Jan 9, 2006.

1. It would be great if the subscribed thread email had a few lines of the latest post embeded in it. Right now it has the thread name, poster, and link, but often there is a lot of fluff in a thread and this would allow me to scan for updated threads quicker. It's more of an issue with the more subscribed threads one has.

Thanks for the great site,
    Damon

2. But then you might not visit EliteTrader if you don't like the first few lines of the new post. The whole idea of alerting you is to get you over here.

3. That is correct, I just noticed that I only get one reply per visit to the site even if there were 5 updates to the same thread. I'm trying to find a solution to the problem where I visit the site after a notification to find that the post is fluff over and over before a good post is put up. I guess I'll have to keep looking for an solution.

Right now I think I'm just going to restict my visits to twice a day now that I found subscribed posts are listed nicely in my Account area and just ignore the update mail. I wonder if there is a way to subscribe to a thread but not get email? Or maybe daily email only rather than per post email.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

By default, email notification is turned on, but the option to turn it off can be found on your account options page

A daily consolidated email will be an option in the next month instead of getting individual emails for each subscribed thread.