Fees for real time prices on personal account when forming a corporation

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Maverick2608, Dec 27, 2022.

1. You are a home trader. For tax reasons you form a corporation to trade part of your capital through the corporation. You only trade your own funds in the corporation. When you apply for a corporate account, you will put your own name down as CEO and trader.

I guess you need to change your employment status in the personal account to CEO?

The corporation of course must pay professional fees for real time stock prices.

But what about the fees for real time prices in the personal account?

I think I recall you are still allowed to pay retail fees for a personal account if the corporation only manages your own funds?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I will try and respond based on each question.

1. You use your title that matches your Operating agreement.
    2. How you represent your employment is up to you. If trading is my only source of income, I would use the LLC as my employer.
    3. Correct, with securities account, any account not open by a natural person, incurs Pro-market data fees. The CME has some exceptions.
    4. If your individual account has it own login, in most cases that would be non-pro unless you have other reasons for the exchanges to charge Pro market data fees. There is a questionnaire. On most trading software, at the same broker, you can log in once and access both accounts only paying for pro data once.
    Bob

DarthSidious and Maverick2608 like this.
  3. Thank you for a thorough answer. We are lucky to have you on this board.

qlai likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

My pleasure.

5. Cabin111

Cabin111

I may be wrong.

If you form a a corporation (even a LLC or S-Corp) you need to have your taxes done by a CPA. You may want to choose a CPA that has knowledge about trading and corporate setup...