Fibonacci Arc, automate my trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Newbie_, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Newbie_

Newbie_

Good evening my peers, I know that no one is paying you but as generous and helpful offer to the forum in which it could be helpful to someone else looking for this info as well.

I'm really struggling trying to modified this Fibonacci expansion indicator: https://usethinkscript.com/threads/auto-fib-fibonacci-levels-indicator-for-thinkorswim.14/
    into a Fibonacci Arc. because that is how I found most accurate to Exit my trades because of the exponential decay line instead of a straight fixed line. Until I get this working I cannot automate the closing of my trades or make money.

I sure do need the help please.

sincerely

Code:

# Objective: to make my own Fibonacci Arc indicator for the purpose of only Exiting my trades with no human input,  meaning "automated" the Fibonacci Arc provided in the drawing tools cannot be access in code meaning I cannot automate my trading, so I have to code one myself to myself.

#----->Start of Slope Calculations to determine only if the trend is Upward or Downward and nothing else <-----
    def a = HighestAll(high);
    def b = LowestAll(low);

def barnumber = barNumber();
    def c = if high == a then barnumber else double.nan;
    def d = if low == b then barnumber else double.nan;
    rec highnumber = compoundValue(1, if IsNaN(c) then highnumber[1] else c, c);
    def highnumberall = HighestAll(highnumber);
    rec lownumber = compoundValue(1, if IsNaN(d) then lownumber[1] else d, d);
    def lownumberall = LowestAll(lownumber);

def upward = highnumberall > lownumberall;
    def downward = highnumberall < lownumberall;

def x = AbsValue(lownumberall - highnumberall );

def slope = (a - b) / x;
    def slopelow = (b - a) / x;

def line = b + (slope * (barnumber - lownumber));
    def linelow = a + (slopelow * (barnumber - highnumber));
    def currentlinelow = if barnumber <= lownumberall then linelow else double.nan;
    def currentline = if barnumber <= highnumberall then line else double.nan;

#----->END<-----

#----->Start of drawing a circle around the high close price if the Trend is Upward or a circle on the lowest point close price if the Trend is Downward and nothing else <-----
    def r = ((1.618)/(highnumberall)) ;
    plot Arc1 = fold i = 0 to 360 while i != 360 do ( highnumberall ) +  (i*((r*2*double.Pi)/(360)))  and ( highnumberall ) - (i*((r*2*double.Pi)/(360)));
    Arc1.SetDefaultColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
    Arc1.SetStyle(Curve.FIRM);

def  r2 = ((23.6)/(lownumberall));
    plot Arc2 = fold i2 = 0 to 360  while i2 != 360 do ( lownumberall ) - i2*((r2*2*double.Pi)/(360)) and ( lownumberall ) + (i2*((r2*2*double.Pi)/(360))) ;
    Arc2.SetDefaultColor(Color.pINK);
    Arc2.SetStyle(Curve.FIRM);

#----->END<-----

2. Dazz

Dazz

These 16 rooms that have “Fib” in their name or claim to trade according to Fibonacci.

1. dowfibs.com

2. estructuradelprecioyfibonacci.com

3. fibanalysis.com

4. fibnodes.com (coast investment software)

5. fibolive.com

6. fibonacci.com

7. fibonacciqueen.com

8. fibonaccitrader.com

9. fibonaccitradinginstitute.com

10. fibotrader.com

11. fibozachi.com

12. fibtimer.com

13. halfwaybacktrading.com (fib stuff)

14. harmonictrader.com (fib)

15. thefibdoctor.com

16. tradingfibz.com

17. xabcdtrading.com (fib)

18. zen-trader.com (fib indicator)

Not one actually trades and not one has a track record.

3. Newbie_

Newbie_

appreciate your reply Dazz but I know how to use Fibonacci really well and I have 2 years of trading experience in other platforms, I'm only new to thinkscipt,

4. Dazz

Dazz

kewl; you will be the first and only one.

5. Newbie_

Newbie_

willing to paid someone in the forum to help me finish the bugs on my automated Fibonacci Arc study script.

$100 offer to help me finish an automated study script for Fibonacci Arcs plus I'll post the finish version here for everyone!