Fibs don't work

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by SunTrader, May 18, 2022.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

.... except when they do (clearer chart image when you click it):-

!Fibs.png

cesfx, MACD, Sprout and 3 others like this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

It only works on seashells and those things.

3. Nobert

Nobert

How can an external factor like a handwritten line on the chart, influence the fundamental basis beneath. It can't.
    Or at at least in a perfect world it - cannot.
    But this is not a perfect world. Institutions sold the illusion & they know that this is the very first basic stepping stone for any new person, thus,
    - the legend goes on.

On the other hand, at the certain times & at the certain timeframes, the fundamental value of the equities, gets reflected by the same lines. No so often tho.

Just thinking out loud.

4. Of course fibs won't work on the flats or sides. If applied properly - it is extremely helpful

5. Of course Fibs work... "just not 100% perfectly every time"... like noobs "expect... otherwise it's no good".

As for me, I don't use Fib "projection" levels, but I do use "retracement levels".... they don't work 100% either... but well enough, often enough to be of value.

MACD, Illini Trader, S-Trader and 2 others like this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

I was sleeping, most others I'm sure as well, when this all took place except last one. That only made a 38.2% retracement which was a heads-up prior swing low was going to be taken out. That, and it was a continuation of strong intraday downtrend.

MACD and Nobert like this.
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

They also won't "work" if the proper start/end points are not used. Notice the last one, the spike high was truncated down to bar high open which then lines up next bar's high and the high 3 bars later.

MACD likes this.
  8. sure, this is actually what I meant in the previous post

SunTrader likes this.
  9. What is this... a joke I don't get?

10. easymon1

easymon1

#10     May 18, 2022