Fibs don't work

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by SunTrader, May 18, 2022.

1. Beware of the well-chosen chart.

Fibonacci trading smacks of predetermination, which just doesn't sit right.

#11     May 18, 2022
    volpri likes this.
  2. ph1l

ph1l

It looks like you are saying Fibonacci ratios sometimes work when drawn after-the-fact to fit some part of the price movement.:)

#12     May 18, 2022
    guest_trader_1 likes this.
  3. speedo

speedo

Fib levels are more effective as projection targets than they are in retracement zones which tend to be more elastic. They are effective as targets not because of sea shells or pyramid construction but because institutional algo's fire at those levels, targets, counter trend HFT algo's etc.. As long as the institutions use them, I use them.

#13     May 18, 2022
    talm1, beginner66, MACD and 4 others like this.
  4. Leob

Leob

Fibs don't work.
    MM works.

#14     May 18, 2022
    volpri likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Multiple 61.8% hits are what as known as price vibrating to a certain frequency believe it or not.

As for after-the fact gotta sleep sometimes, not to mention the high and low have to be in place before fib grid can be drawn.

#15     May 18, 2022
    Sprout likes this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Soooo then why don't they fire at retracements. The algo's don't want to and we can't make them?

Sorry, ridiculous.

#16     May 18, 2022
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

I can find them all day long - while they are setting up.

#17     May 18, 2022
  8. Institutions follow Fibonacci ratios? I suppose it's possible, but it seems hard to believe. And couldn't you find maybe a dozen charts where fib numbers don't work for every chart you find where they do? Assuming you're not using the whole panoply of possible fib ratios, which pretty much cover the entire spectrum of movement or thereabouts.

#18     May 18, 2022
  9. You are on the right track, but retracements do work for exactly the same reason.

#19     May 18, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  10. Well, if they're anything like the chart you posted earlier, then you're bound to become very rich very soon. Let me know how it goes so I can hit you up for a "loan." (One of those evergreens.)

#20     May 18, 2022