FIFA World Cup - Group Stage Question

Discussion in 'Sports' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Dec 1, 2022.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

This is one of the best FIFA World Cups I have ever watched on TV. Also, one of my favorite teams is into the semi-finals while the other three teams didn't make it beyond the first knockout round.

wrbtrader

#11     Dec 12, 2022
    tango29 likes this.
  2. tango29

tango29

I agree, have been great games overall. Loved the bench clearing during Argentina and Netherlands, especially the Argentine getting dropped by the Netherlands player.
    I would agree with Messi, the officiating in that game was not good, especially the no call of his blatant handball. He kind of came off as a cry baby.

#12     Dec 12, 2022

3. It is a default template they use for the professional teams... always shows last 5 but here it is only 3 games.

#13     Dec 14, 2022
    OptionsOptionsOptions likes this.
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

France versus Argentina

I love the storyline behind Argentina but France is one of my favorites.

wrbtrader

#14     Dec 15, 2022
  5. France too deep for Argentina

#15     Dec 16, 2022
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Argentina defeats France on penalty kicks...Messi played out his last world cup in style as Argentina finishes on top of the world in the most expensive sporting event (World Cup Soccer).

It was a historical game to watch on TV.

wrbtrader

#16     Dec 18, 2022
    tango29 and destriero like this.
  7. tango29

tango29

Is it just me or did it seem like the teams that lost the pk's were favoring the left most often?

#17     Dec 18, 2022
  8. cesfx

cesfx

Beautiful final.
    Fantastic Messi, unbelievable Mbappe.

France is strong, Mbappe is from another world, but they have been humbled by one man and a team working for this man, Messi!

I am happy France didn't win back to back WC. Only Italy and Brasil have that record. The french wouldn't stop bragging about it if they won.

Well done Argentina!

#18     Dec 19, 2022
  9. cesfx

cesfx

Great tournament when it comes to the game.

The bad part, was the host, Qatar.
    Money speak loud.

Qatar has nothing, zero, to do with football game and history, but the fact that those trillionaires are buying top clubs in Europe, filling up pockets of top FIFA officials and corrupting EU politicians, made the difference.

Qatar treated workers who built the stadium's and complex like it was the 1700.

They had fake paid fans, to make it look good and feel real.

They even made Messi wear that crap looking robe in the most important moment of his life. A robe that looked BDSM and had nothing to do with football or Argentina.
    He gets paid millions from them tough, as his team PSG is owned by those people. So he has to comply.

#19     Dec 19, 2022