Finally closing this dead end.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Risepoint1879, May 16, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

It's only a scam if you let yourself be scammed ... The statistics are well known.

Here's my opinion of the type of players in this field:
    A. Talented people with some poof of accomplishment - actively being recruited by top firms from prop to banks. Estimated success rate: 95%

B. Possibly talented people with no relevant accomplishments - may get into a serious prop firm, but most likely to end up in a educational/first loss kinda shops. Estimated success rate: 30%

C. The dreamers, the gamblers, the odds, and the curious - these people are basically taking the easy road ... Most looking for someone to just hand them the keys to success. Estimated success rate: 5%

Now, is it a scam to offer type C people a chance? I say, no ... Let the 95% pay for the other 5% to achieve their dreams.

It's very hard to admit to yourself, but it really comes down to this, imho:

“A losing trader can do little to transform himself into a winning trader. A losing trader is not going to want to transform himself. That’s the kind of thing winning traders do.”
    - Ed Seykota

#31     May 19, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

They can be understood, but it takes much experience to get to the point you would understand.

Learning to trade is very much like an hourglass, in beginning you don't notice much sand has come out by looking at the top, as time passes, eventually you see sand at the top vanishing. Intraday trading is by far the hardest way to trade, the risk to reward is the smallest and in my case inverse risking more than reward. Longer term trading has the greatest reward to risk and if you learn to hedge you can make 100's to 1 when you figure out how to get risk very low.

You make your own luck, most of my education been by myself, the first 10,000 hours I don't even remember was so long ago, some of my mentors were people hardly any one knew about and others were known but what they gave I learned long ago.

Took me 7 years to get consistently profitable, I never any more recommend anyone to go into intra-day, you waste away so many hours to learn and outside life vanishes. Better to do longer term or swing in commodities/hedged and have a life to enjoy.

Hey, you took a shot, now go a different direction in life and enjoy it.

#32     May 21, 2019
  3. "The real money is in the main movements, not the day-to-day fluctuations"

#33     May 22, 2019
    murray t turtle and Handle123 like this.
  4. %%
    Good points cru c, I agree with about 95.777%, of that;
    but UPRO did >> better than 20% some months. But as you noted, its insane to expect to do that every month.

I bought some strawberry/watermelon 8 packs/juice, if you like red liquid. BUT like the TX financial planner [CornerStone] said on talk radio/Point of View ; you never see in summer time an ant trying to cram a water melon down an ant-hole .LOL-true patterns:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#34     May 22, 2019
  5. jonahern

jonahern

That's what I'm talking about!

#35     May 22, 2019
  6. trader1974

trader1974

It's going to start the summer. Better spend the day on the beach.

#36     May 23, 2019
  7. trader1974

trader1974

Sometimes the market moves randomly. So. You can not build a system. There is no system Do you want a system? When the economy is going well, wait for the market to fall. Then. Buy good companies and forget. Spend time with your family and friends.

#37     May 23, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  8. trader1974

trader1974

I do not know another way to be profitable. I am a very experienced trader. I know what I say.

#38     May 23, 2019
  9. trader1974

trader1974

Another thing. Money does not give happiness. The cemetery awaits us all. Be Happy. Enjoy life

#39     May 23, 2019
    Risepoint1879 likes this.
  10. You just told us that your only edge is buy the dip and hold. Sounds to me like you aren't a trader at all, but more like a value investor.

#40     May 23, 2019
    qlai likes this.