Florida Real Estate - Two 110-storey condos for Miami

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, May 5, 2005.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes they are....

#241     May 25, 2005
  2. then lets start whacking !
    :)

#242     May 25, 2005
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

06:17 TOL Toll Brothers beats by $0.22 (85.73 )

Reports Q2 (Apr) earnings of $2.01 per share, $0.22 better than the Reuters Estimates consensus of $1.79; revenues rose 50.6% year/year to $1.23 bln vs the $1.25 bln consensus. Co states: "We are increasing our earnings expectations for FY 2005. We now believe net income will grow approximately 70% in FY 2005 compared to FY 2004. Based on our backlog and expected community growth, even with this increased projection, we still believe net income will rise approximately 20% in FY 2006 over FY 2005."

trading higher pre market....about 89.00 @ 9.05 am

#243     May 26, 2005
  4. yeah, average selling price over 600k, they wil be least affected

#244     May 26, 2005
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I think it may be time to start tapping that ass....or whacking as u say....play off the high...peace...

#245     May 26, 2005
  6. taodr

taodr

Hot home markets cooling in Florida
    April data: Prices rise, but sales slowing in some cities
    By John Spence, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 9:21 AM ET May 26, 2005
    E-mail it | Print | Alert | Reprint |

BOSTON (MarketWatch) -- Existing single-family home sales appear to be slowing in some of Florida's hottest markets, recent data show.

Although the Florida Association of Realtors earlier this week reported home sales in the state were up 3% in April, several major metropolitan areas are showing signs of softening.

In Fort Lauderdale, where the median home price has increased 27% since last April, existing single-family homes sales for the month were 19% lower than the previous year.

Miami home sales lost 4% in April after they fell 28% in March relative to the year-ago period.

Several other booming Florida cities posted negative year-over-year home sales growth in April.

In Pensacola sales dropped 17%, Sarasota-Bradenton fell 12% and West Palm Beach-Boca Raton was down 10%.

"In many of the state's largest markets, sales volumes have actually turned negative on a year-over-year basis, and it would appear that activity in the Tampa market (which accounts for more than 20% of the state) is currently keeping the state growing, nearly single-handedly," wrote analysts at Raymond James & Associates Inc., in a research note sent to clients Thursday morning.

"Additionally it is interesting that the markets that have experienced the most robust rates of appreciation are the ones that are beginning to decelerate/decline for the most part, with Ft. Myers being the exception."

Strong sales and higher home prices in Fort Myers and Naples bodes well for luxury homebuilder MCI Communities Inc. (WCI: news, chart, profile) , Raymond James said.

Meanwhile, "rapidly accelerating trends" in Fort Pierce-Port St. Lucie could boost shares of Fort Lauderdale-based Levitt Corp. (LEV: news, chart, profile) , the broker said.

Existing single-family home sales in the Fort Pierce-Port St. Lucie area jumped 25% from last year in April, while the median price was up 41%, according to the Florida Association of Realtors.

Statewide, the median home price in April was $218,600, a 26% increase from last year, the trade association said.

#246     May 26, 2005
  7. Midas

Midas

You guys keep picking tops..... I don't like to step in front of a speeding train.

I wait for markets to change before I jump in.... Only lucky gamblers, insiders, or lucky suckers make money picking tops.................Think of all of the tech bears in 96 and 98..

Making money is easy don't make it hard.

#247     May 27, 2005
  8. I have noticed a definite slowing in sales in my Zipcode, but I think that reflects a severe lack of inventory. Some 45 listed homes, starting at 560. 20 under 2million......25 from 2mill to 26million. Population is 10000, but thre are alot of condows...probably 260 for sale.....which seems normal for the area.

#248     May 28, 2005
  9. cmk

cmk

JOE (St. Joe Co.) has been a nice FLA real estate play this year.

#249     May 28, 2005
  10. Agreed. I met with one of their directors awhile back which also happens to be a good friend of mine.

I also own a significant number of shares in my long account. I know... I should sell now but it's a decent company.

#250     Jun 2, 2005