Forced Monkey Labor

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Option_Attack, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Apparently, monkeys are being forced to pick coconuts for some coconut milk suppliers. Then I guess they are locked up. Not sure how to take this news...as long as they aren't beaten and mistreated...I don't know... Maybe give them a salary, retirement benefits? Beats getting injected with diseases and dissected I suppose. And I have heard that some horses are forced to pull wagons and carry people, then they are locked in barns. :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/costco-latest-retailer-drop-chaokoh-040126547.html

2. I admit I sort of smiled and shook my head when I read the headline and even the story this morning. But when I watched the video, and you realize how social these creatures are, it really is a disturbing treatment of animals, imo.

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

better than being a cow

MoreLeverage, BKR88 and stochastix like this.
  4. yep. farmers are scumbags the way they treat cows

5. I'm not sure you could say one or the other has it worse. In either case creatures meant to have a degree of freedom and sociability are denied.

I am no vegan and have no problem grilling the ribeyes. But I do find factory farming abhorrent.

JSOP and DarthSidious like this.
  6. They

They

Cognitive dissonance

7. Overnight

Overnight

8. Maybe they do get paid! Here they are checking out a new car they bought:

[​IMG]

apdxyk likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Those Jap cows get the best life a living creature can have before they get the bullet to the head.

10. cows are very social creatures. one time my mom witnessed a group of cows that had gathered around one who had died, and one cow was mooing. she said it was quite surreal and resembled a funeral. of course that could be said to be anthropomorphization but humans do share a lot of genetic overlap with them. of course, that doesn't prevent humans from killing each other either. factory farming of meat is also hugely energy inefficient, https://civileats.com/2019/02/25/ho...y-in-california-is-disrupting-the-status-quo/

#10     Oct 28, 2020