Ford Credit program makes dealer visit optional

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Jan 23, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Ford Credit program makes dealer visit optional
    Ford Motor Credit customers will soon be able topurchase and finance new vehiclesfrom a dealership's website, thereby making a visit to the store optional. Through a platform powered by Ford Credit and AutoFi, a financial technology company that automates online vehicle sales and financing, customers will be able to complete the entire transaction online.(Automotive News)

2. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Hmm... I thought the whole point of having to endure the horrible experience of the car showroom was to screw the greasy oik of a sales rep and see what freebies / discounts you could get thrown in because you just know he's gagging for it (i.e. needs the commission to meet his targets).

Can't do that on a website !

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for the dealers...

4. dealmaker likes this.
  5. java

java

I'm waiting for Walmart to sell a car. There it is, here's the price.

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

This probably works well without a trade-in, ....but most people have trades and that's where the dealerships' smoke and mirrors goes into full swing. Its also where they make a lot of money... especially if the buyer is upside-down on their current vehicle's financing. I don't see dealership's becoming obsolete. You need service centers too.

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Wal-Mart enters car-selling business
    The nation's largest retailer isgoing into businesswith dealership groups, including AutoNation, the nation's largest new-vehicle retailer. CarSaver, an online auto retail platform, is expected to launch the programApril 1at about 25 Wal-Mart Supercenters in four markets: Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and Oklahoma City.(Ad Age)

8. java

java

Lets see

Apple sauce
    Aspirin
    Beer
    Car
    Coffee
    Dogfood

dealmaker likes this.