free 20 c

Discussion in 'Options' started by daniel5198, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Good for you , dan . Got another " bet your farm" trade for us ?
    j/k , but you really shouldn't trade options yet.

#21     Jun 15, 2006
  2. Well, congradufukinlations. Not to split hairs, my software shows $.85 profit, but very nice trade nonetheless.

I am curious as to why you call this a double calendar? because you used a put and call at the same strike? typically d. calendar's use call and put but at different strikes to allow wider profit range of underlying, but whateva. Well done.

#22     Jun 15, 2006
  3. ["am curious as to why you call this a double calendar? because you used a put and call at the same strike? typically d. calendar's use call and put but at different strikes to allow wider profit range of underlying."]

I would call it a single calendar done twice, i.e. the first one is using puts and the second one calls - the rationale behind this? I have no idea.
    But the trade does exhibit perfect timing, with the underlying moving back to the short strikes just before expiry. I wish I could pull this sort of timing off with my trades :p.

daddy's boy

#23     Jun 16, 2006
  4. my summary: scriabnop- this was not a common trade. i don't usually by calendars (let alone both c and p) on a vol crush. quite to the contrary. i would normally do a rev cal on those. hence the 1 contract per leg on that play (i normally put 5, 10 etc. contracts on each leg). however, after years of earning plays, i just believed the combination of the vol skew that was there between june-july, and the theta on my side would work for me there. ofcourse i had also luck on my side, cause the underlying did not go too far. no fancy greeks there, just real world trade.
    anyway, judging from the 1200 or so views on that thread, and the cross fire, i think we ran quite a good one here, from which many (me too) could learn.
    IV trader- tnx 4 the input. just 2 things- i wouldn't call a limited risk trade "betting the farm". lol. oh, and since i've been trading options for the past 4 years, i don't think i'm gonna stop now. to b honest, i will point out that so far this year my options portfolio is up 17%(not brilliant for options), and overall the last 4 trading years i am slightly in the red (ouch!).
    and one last word- as opposed to others on this board (multi?) i didn't disappear when my trade was losing...

#24     Jun 16, 2006
  5. true , limited risk and u still here...All the best to u :)

#25     Jun 16, 2006