Friday silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by FreeGoldRush, Nov 5, 2022.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Look at that above heatmap. Copper was up 8%

#11     Nov 7, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. I've been trading some silver miners this year - PAAS, AG, SILV, SVM. They are down on the year, of course, but they do some nice bounces. :)

#12     Nov 7, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    I seldom look @ single stocks\ but i picked a majestic silver stock/to study+ still study.
    Like TX Tea or tea party = worthwhile study.
    Good pick, to make a play on words.
    Meaning what?? PICK[ silver + gold miners ETF] has made a a double bottom.
    An advantage of single stock study; almost never does a ETF gap down in % or points like a single stock .
    Biggest copper mine in US history came out of a silver mine; Anaconda Copper/1880s .
    Not a stock tip+ not insured by any federal agency:D:D

#13     Nov 7, 2022
  4. I won't touch miners at this point. I have just never seen evidence that you get compensated at all for the extra risk compared to the underlie. Gold and silver are not going to do poorly and the miners do great. It is so easy though for gold and silver to do well and a particular mining stock to do jack shit. It strikes me as a really poorly run business overall.

It is partially why I like gold here too. Mining is so energy intensive it will be less cost effective to flood the market with supply at higher prices than in the past.

My GLD trade I didn't put on enough size to bother start taking profit here even though that might make sense.
    I am probably just going to build a longer term position to hunt the all time high. I really can't imagine not seeing a new all time high in the next 2-3 years.

#14     Nov 9, 2022