Frikken Leon Cooperman.....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tommcginnis, Nov 4, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

Good to know. On ignore.

#11     Nov 4, 2019
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Kinda stunning -- even in a small sample size -- that an up-from-the-streets-by-dint-of-own-efforts story gets a hostile reception.
    • The guy credits the good public schooling he received.
    • The guy credits the G.I. bill.
    • The guy observes that he was lucky.
    • The guy observes that government takings are, first and foremost, takings.
    • The guy observes that governments are not-so-responsive to the taxpayers whose dollars are appropriated, and that
    The private sector is a better steward of private sector dollars, and that
    • The billionaires he knows *personally* are giving away their wealth with the same care with which it was made, and that
    • The capital in question, *while* it was being built and *since* it was built, has employed hundreds of thousands of people, and in many cases (from Goldman to Home Depot) made *thousands* of millionaires along the way.

And you bunch want to question this guy's motives? Or his sincerity? You find that *moral*??

Please oh please, place me "On Ignore" or whatever. "Camelot" is all I can think of: "It is a silly place..." But :confused::rolleyes:o_O

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    #12     Nov 5, 2019
  3. He was reflecting on his passing and the legacy he'd leave behind. Did you even listen and understand his words?

Honestly you have no idea what you're talking about.

#13     Nov 5, 2019
  4. I personally admire him as a self-made man. I wish I were as good as he is when it comes to my investments. but, couple of points:
    • he is not in the same league with any of the other billionaires that he kept name dropping. they all created jobs and made the world better with their products and innovations. also, none of those guys have come out and whined about the big bad government taking their money.
    • your logic regarding his capital employing thousands and making millionaires is the same as claiming all the capital from Mexican and Columbian cartels is used for employing people and making millionaires out of them.
    • his motives should and must be questioned since he is acting like a political hack.
    • Warren's 2% tax is bullshit and just a talking point the same as trump wall's paid by Mexico.

#14     Nov 5, 2019
  5. get the fuck out of here and shove your righteousness up your ass. you voted for trump and insist on voting for him again, that says enough about you.

#15     Nov 5, 2019
  6. LOL I voted for Obama too. I like to keep an open mind unlike you. The Democratic party and media went down the crapper under his watch. I'm sorry you're upset but maybe you should take your frustration out on your own party. They're burning it to the ground.....

There's always controversy surrounding every president, but Trump will probably go down in history books as one of the better presidents we've had. Obama put us into Syria and lost MISERABLY. Trump at least tried to get us out of Syria and avoid a conflict with Russia (who i'm no fan of) and Turkey but the Democrats apparently like wars now so I can't figure out which way that greased up weathervane is going to swing.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    #16     Nov 5, 2019
    cafeole likes this.
  7. "Trump at least tried to get us out of Syria and avoid a conflict with Russia" , tried this and tried that doesn't cut it , the bottom line is we yet to see what he has accomplished for the last three years , he made a huge mistake with his tax cuts , he still gets pushed around by the special interest groups , so I'd say he is just a loud mouth of big business.

#17     Nov 5, 2019
  8. He could accomplish a lot more of Pelosi and the gang quite stonewalling him and trying to impeach for the 10th time. What a waste.

#18     Nov 5, 2019
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

That's precisely my worry.
    Before, it was "Don't elect *her*, cuz Supremes.
    Now, it's "Don't elect *him*, cuz. :confused:

(Keep in mind, that if Republicans had not lost their balls 3 years ago, or even 7 years ago with Romney, none of this would be going on. I mean, why didn't Romney OWN those stupid, genuine, accurate comments back 7 years ago?? SHEEESH.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2012/10/05/romney-47-percent-i-was-wrong/1614703/ )

Romney gave us Trump. Romney should trump Trump, and hump back to the White House.
    Unless he still lacks his own testes. Which..... Oh nevermind.
    Suffice to say, no one who advocates either gun confiscation or any sort of wealth tax will make it through a general election -- pretty much guaranteeing Agent Orange a second term. {Burp.}

Leaving me 100% with Leon Cooperman:
    Let's work together to get things done for the country, or else. No partisanship intended or implied or in fact necessary at all.

#19     Nov 5, 2019
    athlonmank8 likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

#20     Nov 5, 2019