Funniest thing ever seen at a prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Pumpanddump, Mar 23, 2005.

1. The reason so many washed out and failed after the bubble burst was because most of those assholes didnt know how to trade in the first place but you could get away with sloppy habits during those hectic times. Now, you have to be more shrewd and skilled to make it. Alot of trading in those days consisted of averaging down (or up) until the stock finally moved in your favor and that worked quite well for a decent amount of time. As we all know, this isnt the case these days.

#21     Mar 24, 2005
  2. 10 big mac's in 30 mins with nothing to drink for $500

#22     Mar 24, 2005
  3. bdon

bdon

How about 3 strippers doing themselves with half full water bottles and then making some of the guys on the desk drink the water.

This was supposed to be a fun post. Taking bashing each other somewhere else. You guys all fail to realize that everybody has different opinions on this job and how they handle their career and this can vary from yours. Its really ok, its America.

#23     Mar 24, 2005
  4. FGBS

FGBS

Kind of gives a new definition to Minute Maid's drink named Splash :D

#24     Mar 24, 2005
  5. Not a prop firm, but the floor of the CBOE.

I was in the IBM pit on an idle day when a trader bet a gullible clerk, that the clerk couldn't drink a gallon of milk. I've heard there's some ingredient in milk that makes large quantities hard to drink it and keep down (nitrosamenes?).

About a third of the pit goes up to the lunchroom, which overlooks the IBM pit, to watch this gestational gladiator go at it. I then see another clerk in the window make hand signs, like the "safe" call in baseball. The clerk got down the gallon of milk, but puked it all over the lunchroom. He comes back down to the floor looking not too bad, really. I asked him about his experience. Said he heard, "a train whistle" go off in his head before he puked it.

#25     Mar 24, 2005
  6. Same thing strippers making out, spanking traders, and everything else that happened in that trading stays in the trading room. I think we worked at the same firm.

#26     Mar 24, 2005
  7. onelot

onelot

Actually, I think the soft drink "Squirt" would be a better fit.

#27     Mar 24, 2005
  8. are you kidding? For $500 I'd do that too!

#28     Mar 24, 2005
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

so would half of africa

#29     Mar 24, 2005
    PennySnatch likes this.
  10. jim c

jim c

I remember that. I didnt see it but I was getting a play by play over the headset...funny stuff. there was a similar incident with krispy kreams that actually got mentioned on reuters.

#30     Mar 24, 2005