Funniest thing ever seen at a prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Pumpanddump, Mar 23, 2005.

1. that was actually at the CBOT, and he made it, the funny thing was there had to be at least 25k in side bets with no less than 100 people watching at Alcocks- a bar across the street, it came down to the last minute

somone also ate a GIANT ROACH for 1k once, he did it on the floor and got fired because it caused a big commotion

another time someone tried 25 bags of reses pieces in 10 minutes
    dont remember if he made it

another bet was wether an out of shape older, former swimming champ could beat a current triatalete in swimming, they were both big shooter
    locals from the bond option pit--- there had to be a minimum of 50k bets out there----- the trithalete won, I made 500 on it myself as the ex champ had a huge beer belly!

#31     Mar 24, 2005
  2. Ha. at the place I traded, we had a guy once inawhile who would come into work, trade, go out downtown and booze it up, and sleep on the office couch, and trade the next day.

SWimply didnt want to deal with the wife and the commute i guess......

#32     Mar 24, 2005
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i drank half a bottle of tabasco sauce once. i barfed before i could get the rest down, so didnt get the prize (instead i got ring sting for the next 2 days. ouch!)

:mad:

#33     Mar 24, 2005
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

maybe he was just a loser and couldnt make the rent

:p

#34     Mar 24, 2005
  5. Anyone have any stories about a guy named Billy Horn? He was the funniest trading personality I have ever witnessed.

#35     Mar 24, 2005
  6. the ptjp billy horn?
    he always talked about lay ups. he was down 500k on Televisa, made small and still called it a layup.
    i think the most ridiculous call he ever made was to buy x-amount of AOL, going around the world and getting laid in every country, and still coming back a millionaire on the AOL stock.

#36     Mar 24, 2005
  7. Yea, that's him. The most ridiculous call he made was on the California energies that he refused to sell until he lost more than $10 Million on those trades (maybe it was more than $20 Million). The guy was definately one for the Hall of Fame of trading characters and personalities. He and Tony Bruan need to have a movie done about them.

#37     Mar 24, 2005

8. they sold it for him, he refused to do it. hes suing them now.
    he would have made money on it if they didnt close him out.

#38     Mar 24, 2005
  9. do you know what hes up to now? he is a very nice guy, shared his knowledge in his good times.

#39     Mar 24, 2005
  10. Is that suit still ongoing? I thought it must have been settled/decided by now?

#40     Mar 24, 2005