Funniest thing ever seen at a prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Pumpanddump, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Nordic

Nordic

It was Ted Bundy.. and the floor went nuts. 30 seconds later she comes back over the PA and says "Very Funny Guys"

#51     Mar 24, 2005
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Big Winner...saw $400k made on that trade

#52     Mar 24, 2005
  3. Nothing was beneath the dignity of the average CBOE floor trader.

Which is why I miss it so much.

#53     Mar 24, 2005
  4. High school? The guy I speak of teleported himself to kindergarden in his own mind. He was like 35 and would say that he had a mind of a 9 year old. Of course when it came time to the shady scams, all of that dissapeared.

#54     Mar 24, 2005
  5. Yes, I started calling it the "Brut Party" (on SIRI anyways), and that caught on. Guys yelling "BRUT PARTY!!!" left and right for weeks on end. Good times. :)

#55     Mar 24, 2005
  6. i use to love those tails !!!!!!!!

#56     Mar 24, 2005
  7. bigbob

bigbob

Now this is bringing back the memories. I guess I was old school. Instead of tails, I used Kick Me signs. They worked, too.

One of the guys at our firm was a 6' 4" 330 lb former U of I lineman. He walked the entire length of the Eurodollar pit at the Merc with 7 fins on his back. Everyone was screaming at him and he didn't have a clue what was going on. The bosses upstairs heard about it, called him up to the office and told him to get his act together because he was embarrassing the firm.

#57     Mar 24, 2005
  8. chisel

chisel

Ah, I miss those days on the floor. I thought the shark fins were hilarious...

There was a guy on the floor (the exchange shall remain nameless) who had a loose scab about the size of a silver dollar on his leg...trading was slow and someone offered him $100 to pick it off and eat it. He did.

#58     Mar 24, 2005
  9. fader

fader

great thread - excellent revelation by the way that there are plenty of ex-floor (or not ex..) traders here on ET - although many of them do not appear to be frequent posters here, it seems.. - thanks guys for sharing your experiences, great fun to read.

#59     Mar 24, 2005

10. what about that intern that gave a lap dance for 10k upstairs?

#60     Mar 24, 2005