FXCM.com- Spot currency trading via web

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by J-Law, Oct 2, 2002.

1. toby400

toby400

Would it be safer to trade Dollar/ Euro etc via CME (IMM) ?

:confused:

#11     Oct 8, 2002
  2. JayS

JayS

If you go with a fx shop make sure your data feed has fx quotes that are supplied by a vendor that has multiple banks. Futuresource, cqg, & esignal are just a few who do.

List of some of the banks that a reputable vendor would have.

#12     Oct 8, 2002
  3. Flynn

Flynn

I do not think this is a big problem. If you open position in right direction your FX dealer can do nothing agianst you ( of course if you choose right company to deal with).

#13     Oct 8, 2002
  4. J-Law

J-Law

WarEagle,

Then the question arises...

How does a bank dealer discern direction ?

Yes, he may have the spread in his favor, but even he has to have an idea where the market may move to.

#14     Oct 8, 2002
  5. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I would assume that if you are right and the market moves in your favor that they can turn around and offset it in the interbank market at a more favorable spread. But if they have enough orders on either side then they can offset between customers, kind of like a bookie. I'm just speculating though because I haven't traded with any of them. Its just stuff I learned when I was researching FX trading.

#15     Oct 8, 2002
  6. J-Law

J-Law

WarEagle,

That makes sense. Just as in the same manner in which a NASDAQ
    marketmaker would in a similar OTC market.

Pick off someone else making a market or someone else reflecting an order, or utilize one's orderflow.

IC, I understand now.

Thanks,

J-Law

#16     Oct 8, 2002
  7. Flynn

Flynn

That's right. Dealer first offsets between customers and then if needed offsets at interbank only net value he gets in result.

#17     Oct 9, 2002