FXCM LOSES ALL EQUITY

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by marketsurfer, Jan 16, 2015.

1. destriero

destriero

Yes, if you're a US account holder you are done unless they receive outside capital.

#21     Jan 16, 2015
  2. destriero

destriero

They (US regulators) aren't footing the bill, so I don't know that there is the will to reduce gearing to what is available at the CME. The problem is the EU and offshore segregated accounts. The regulators are definitely going to reduce public leverage. In the USA you lose even if you win as they will apply your NLV to the pool. In the UK, etc., they cannot do so.

#22     Jan 16, 2015
  3. prc117f

prc117f

Retail really should not be trading currency.

#23     Jan 16, 2015
  4. And your name is Lucy, sir?

#24     Jan 16, 2015
  5. loyek590

loyek590

thank you. Now you can devote your life to the other great risk, smoking pot

retail should be trading fx. It's the best place for a small trader. Many traders who are losing their ass in ES and CL would find fx is much easier. It's the perfect vehicle for a small retail trader. And if you are grinding it out everyday, it only takes getting on the right side of the White Swan to move you quite a bit ahead in a matter of hours, if not minutes.

Retail should be trading fx, you should try knitting.

#25     Jan 16, 2015
    MajorUrsa and Money Trust like this.
  6. god, you are retarded. no, lucy is not my name.

*gasp* Is YOUR name marketsurfer?!?

#26     Jan 16, 2015
    d08 and SwingToWin like this.
  7. FX have a much bigger tail risk of black swans events like CHF.
    And my mind is more at ease when I can see the book and my orders are going
    through a central regulated exchange.

#27     Jan 16, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  8. loyek590

loyek590

I hear ya. To each his own. I take very little comfort in regulation. For me, the less the better. I would much rather trade fx knowing there is no regulation against insider trading, than trade a stock hoping any insider trading is being prosecuted.

I was kind of joking, but I see your point, no hard feelings on my part. But I agree, 95% of people shouldn't trade fx (or anything for that matter.)

#28     Jan 16, 2015

9. Like Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson? Maybe Lola?

#29     Jan 16, 2015
  10. Good points but i see the PDT rule type regs being instituted just like equities. The rule would be to "protect" the public, nothing to do with footing the bill etc.

surf

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    #30     Jan 16, 2015