FXCM Micro Withdrawls

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by T-Bone Trader, May 25, 2009.

1. lol you doofus, I trade more than that using multiple scalping trades (750k open on this blotter) :D

This is chicken feed compared to what some scalpers are trading, it's all relative though.....

8 trades, 6 wins +31, 1 loss -5, 1 b/even, total 26 pips, $650 in half an hour. Chicken feed by comparison but fine with me!

[​IMG]

#51     May 28, 2009
  2. Cable I really don’t understand you. Everytime I see you, you’re always in some stupid argument with 5 people over some stupid thing. Now, over in the political and economic forums, everybody’s always ganging up on me, but at least that’s stuff that controversial and worth fighting for. But what’s your point here? FXCM is not a rogue bucketshop. If they are, so are market makers who take the other side in equity options where frequently there is not another retail order, so they must make a market and thus take the other side of your trade. Again, I challenge you, give me an example of of where FXCM was at least 5 pips off of another broker. I use Tradestation for charting, they move tick for tick. I don’t know about you, but I’m liking my average 1.3 pip spread on eur/jpy.

#52     May 28, 2009

3. Me? Arguing? Heaven forbid! I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm simply putting them straight about a few things is all. If someone tells me it's not possible to make a profit scalping with a bucketshop, or that people only trade with a bucketshop because they can't afford a 100k ticket then I put them straight and post a blotter or few to prove my point, sounds reasonable to me, no argument involved.

As far as FXCM goes I've never traded with them and I make that clear, but going by the bad reputation they've got, and going by the NFA fines they've had and what they've had them for ("Cheat, defraud, deceive forex customers" doesn't sound too good to me!) I simply wouldn't trade with them, period. There are so many choices of broker out there why take the risk in my opinion. But that's just me, everyone needs to make up their own mind about what/where they trade, after all it's their money not mine.

Sure, I'm debating the primary motive behind a broker accepting credit cards but it's no big deal, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I think I put mine across with some logical points, and as I don't see anyone rebutting them so I can only assume they concede.

Anyway, I'm happy with my broker, you're happy with yours, the trolls are having fun, the sun is shining, and I'm finished for the day and just about to take the dogs out for a walk and give the horses a carrot or two.....everything's good as far as I can see :)

#53     May 28, 2009
  4. If you’ve ever worked in retail, you know the first thing about customers is that when they are happy, they rarely tell anyone, especially, regulatory agency’s. When they are unhappy they tell everybody. A lot of the time, their complaints are unjustified or blown out of proportion. I can see how that could be the case with beginning traders who don’t understand things. What you need to look at is the number of customer complaints/regulatory actions against the size of the company. If a restaurant that does 15k a week gets 4 or 5 written complaints a week imagine how many a company with 100 million in assets gets.

Obviously somebody who trades bigger volumes can get better deals elsewhere. That’s true with most things in life. That doesn’t mean FXCM is a scam. You want to know why I don’t trade 100k lots? Because I’ve never been profitable, so why risk the money. So I got an ad one time about their micro accounts, which I’d been interested in, and it said they’d give me $25 to start the account. Obviously they want you to play so badly, they’ll give you $25. So I took that $25 and in 3 months turned it into $1500. I’ve never had this much success. There is one time that they widened the GBP/CHF spread to about 15 or 20 pips and I got stopped out by 1/10 of a pip. So now I don’t trade that. It fits my needs, so if it doesn’t work for you, don’t use them. But don’t call them a scam, because in my experience, they are not. Plus, they have a great api, so you can test real time system trading, without risking hardly anything. I don’t know how many people want to try a new system on Tradestation with 100k lots. Just my opinion.

#54     May 28, 2009
  5. I'm not trying to be a troll there are alot of good affordable ECN brokers out there! With good platforms for scalping like ninja trader instead of the shitshow platforms most of the bucket shops offer.

#55     May 28, 2009
  6. Were did you put that carrot?

Yes ...... But I deleted it. I prefer all correspondence to be on the forum, no need for PM's. I check these boards often and will reply to your questions. Did you want my opinion on FX brokers accepting credit cards for payment, or to reply to a specific post of yours?

-----------------

forex-forex
    FX Guru

#56     May 29, 2009
  7. Why change if there's no good reason to? I don't need lots of bells and whistles to trade, even a 'shitshow' platform like FXTrade works fine for me. It's simple, functional, and does everything I want it to, in fact I've taken charts and other junk off it and just have the quote panel up, that's all I need.

People have to go with what suits them, not someone else.

#57     May 29, 2009
  8. Nearly 10 years in the retail industry for Shell, you'd be amazed at some of the research they do on the consumer, in fact they were one of the first to introduce the loyalty card to track customer's spending habits!

It's not the volume of complaints it's the nature of some of those complaints, and the regulatory action.

In your restaurant example prospective diners would probably be less influenced by complaints about slow service or cold food because that could just be personal experience but if they read that the food hygiene authority had fined the restaurant for rat droppings in the kitchen then they'd likely choose to go somewhere else, why take the risk when there are so many good restaurants around?

#58     May 29, 2009
  9. Stefo

Stefo

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

you feed horses

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHA

good god what a lie

I never saw a lie like this before

you own a horse with the make believe scalps of the forex WITH A BUCKET SHOP

oh god life is a huge joke :p

#59     May 29, 2009
  10. are you asking her out ?
    anyway the goal of shills for a bucket shop is to trick people who don't know any better

the fact that real traders can spot the fraud doesn't really bother shills
    Which is why cabletrader is not insulted :)

#60     May 29, 2009