Fxcm New Ecn Platform

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by JDL, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Ah there's only one last word which matters in this game and that's profit!

While you've been trolling I've been earning :D

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

#51     Feb 23, 2009
  2. JDL

JDL

now thats funny. :p

#52     Feb 23, 2009
  3. No, it rhymes with funny, it's m-o-n-e-y, maybe that's where you've been going wrong :D

Anyway I thought you said you were going to let me have the last word so.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sFacWGBJ_cs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sFacWGBJ_cs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#53     Feb 23, 2009
  4. It's "you're", not "your", in this case.
    Example: You're not using your proper English during your insults.

#54     Feb 23, 2009
  5. cstfx

cstfx

Combination of net capital requirements and profitability of the division. They didn't feel it was as profitable venture as they hoped especially when their min trade size was reduced to compete with other micro-lot brokers. You can't operate a viable ECN model allowing 1k lots when ECN's clear on 100k level. And yes, they didn't want to put up the necessary net-cap requirement for a division that was not the money maker they thought it would be. (Does anyone really believe that Knight does not have the pockets to cover the min 20MM net-cap requirements?)

BTW, if anyone hasn't also noticed, FXCM also bought the US assets of ODL.

#55     Feb 23, 2009
  6. Makes sense I suppose, I've seen quite a few brokers are pulling out of the US for similar reasons (CMC recently closed their office there too).

So does Hotspot still retain an interest or have they just sold their retail clients?

I've just been catching up with forexsavior's thread, there a post on there about it, and also a link to this interesting document! FXCM, just the type of company you want to do business with.....NOT!

#56     Feb 23, 2009
  7. JDL

JDL

:eek:

#57     Feb 23, 2009
  8. It may not be the "wild-west" for much longer. Democrats are, of course, concerned about us hurting ourselves. I would be willing to bet more regulations on fx are coming. If it cleans out the crap brokers, that is fine with me. However, it always seems to get out of hand (regulation that is).

#58     Feb 23, 2009
  9. cstfx

cstfx

Not until they resolve the SEC/CFTC debate. Once they come up with the super regulator that we're heading toward, then you will see action. There's still time.

#59     Feb 23, 2009
  10. I read this early. I know FXCM has some issues as well as other brokers. But this fool in the complaint really thought he was trading on the interbank market with $7900. Come on now, how dumb are these people.

#60     Feb 23, 2009