GBA's "2021 Stock Phantasma"

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Alright I need to get you all the portfolio names... I'll have to grab the ones we still own from the other thread-- These are just off the top of my head.

GAN--

XPO--

GLW--

BERY--

AVTR--

TA--

MIME--

MEOH--

(Methanex upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citi )

#71     Jan 6, 2021
  2. AVNT--

This is one of those annoying stocks that has a similar symbol to a stock I own --- AVTR!-- yet the news is always about...
    Avient upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citi --

#72     Jan 6, 2021
    unconventional wisdom likes this.
  3. *****Watching JAMF<------------- Up 10% yesterday!

2nd Day In a Row -- Lidar Name)

Citi starts Velodyne Lidar with Buy on 'early mover advantage' »<------

GUMMYS OF THE DAY

1-AMRS-

2-VLDR-

3- JAMF-

#73     Jan 6, 2021
  4. Dec 14-
    Avient boosts Q4 adjusted EPS view to 48c from 40c 12/14
    AVNT
    Consensus is 41c. "We expect to achieve record fourth quarter adjusted EPS of approximately $0.48 as recovering demand conditions around the world exceed the traditional seasonality we normally see this time of year. Overall demand is better than we initially estimated in every region of the world, and we are capturing synergies related to our acquisition of Clariant Masterbatch," said Robert M. Patterson, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Avient Corporation. The company anticipates it will end the year with approximately $600 million in cash, which it intends to use for future bolt-on acquisitions and/or share repurchases, as pro forma net debt to EBITDA leverage is now expected to be approximately 2.8x by year-end. In December, Avient's Board of Directors approved an increase of 5 million shares available for repurchases, bringing the company's total authorization to approximately 6 million shares.

#74     Jan 6, 2021
  5. This is funny.. this stock AVNT used to be a stock I played with ion the old old Smith Barney days.... Anybody remember Poly One!

Description
    Avient Corporation provides specialized polymer materials, services, and solutions in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, and Asia. It operates in three segments: Color, Additives and Inks; Specialty Engineered Materials; and Distribution. The Color, Additives and Inks segment offers specialized color and additive concentrates in solid and liquid form for thermoplastics; dispersions for thermosets; and specialty inks, plastisols, and vinyl slush molding solutions. The Specialty Engineered Materials segment provides specialty polymer formulations, services, and solutions for designers, assemblers, and processors of thermoplastic materials; and long glass and carbon fiber technology, and thermoset and thermoplastic composites. The Distribution segment distributes approximately 4,000 grades of engineering and commodity grade resins to custom injection molders and extruders. The company sells its products through direct sales personnel, distributors, and commissioned sales agents. The company was formerly known as PolyOne Corporation and changed its name to Avient Corporation in June 2020. Avient Corporation was founded in 1927 and is headquartered in Avon Lake, Ohio.

#75     Jan 6, 2021
    unconventional wisdom likes this.
  6. Corning initiated with a Buy at UBS

#76     Jan 6, 2021
  7. Citi starts Velodyne Lidar with Buy on 'early mover advantage' 08:02 VLDR Citi analyst Itay Michaeli initiated coverage of Velodyne Lidar with a Buy rating and $31 price target. Velodyne's "early mover advantage" makes it the most established LiDAR company to date, Michaeli tells investors in a research note. The analyst likes the company's "diverse revenue sources" across auto and non-auto and sees new business momentum. He finds the stock's risk/reward as favorable at current levels.

#77     Jan 6, 2021
  8. Hummmmm. Multiple comments after earnings)
    Smart Global price target raised to $56 from $39 at Needham 08:02 SGH Needham analyst Rajvindra Gill raised the firm's price target on Smart Global to $56 from $39 and keeps a Buy rating on the shares. The company posted a "strong" beat and raise quarter in Q1 with growth across all 3 segments: Specialty Compute, Specialty Memory and Brazil, the analyst tells investors in a research note. Gill adds that Smart Global's Specialty Computing is experiencing a backlog of 40%, as the size of the funnel and commitments is becoming "more predictable" thanks to more federal contracts and commercials wins.

Smart Global price target raised to $48 from $44 at Deutsche Bank 07:48 SGH Deutsche Bank analyst Sidney Ho raised the firm's price target on Smart Global to $48 from $44 and keeps a Buy rating on the shares following the company's "solid" fiscal Q1 results and "promising" 2021 outlook.

Smart Global reports Q1 adjusted EPS 78c, consensus 70c 16:07 SGH Reports Q1 revenue $291.7M, consensus $290.93M. "I am proud of the results our team delivered in the first quarter of fiscal 2021 during these challenging times. Total revenue grew by 7% when compared to the first quarter a year ago, and non-GAAP earnings per share of $0.78 exceeded the high end of our guidance range," commented Mark Adams, President and CEO. Show Related Items >>

BTW-SMART Global options imply 14.4% move in share price post-earnings » 15:04 SGH

SGH-$ 39.63<---- There could be 10 more % here if the options are correct. Dead in the pre.

Pretty damn boring stuff though---
    Description
    SMART Global Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures electronic products focused in memory and computing technology areas. It offers dynamic random access memory (DRAM) modules for desktops, notebooks, and servers; and embedded and removable flash memory products; and flash component products, such as embedded multimedia controllers, and embedded and removal products in USB, CompactFlash and SD/microSD card configurations. The company also provides supply chain services, including procurement, logistics, inventory management, temporary warehousing, programming, kitting, and packaging. In addition, it offers specialty compute and storage system solutions to customers various verticals, including financial services, energy, government, social media, and education end markets; and offers hardware and software products, including solutions based on the Open Compute Project. Further it provides servers, software, integrated turn-key clusters, enterprise-grade storage, and bare metal HPC in hardware or cloud-based solutions through Penguin Computing On-Demand; Open Compute Tundra Extreme Scale products; turn-key storage solutions based upon its Frostbyte storage platform; and rackmount servers and GPU accelerated computing platforms. The company sells its products directly to original equipment manufacturers, enterprise, government and other end customers through direct sales force, e-commerce, customer service representatives, on-site field application engineers, independent sales representatives, distributors, integrators, and resellers. The company was formerly known as Saleen Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to SMART Global Holdings, Inc. in August 2014.

#78     Jan 6, 2021
  9. I have to be careful here because I am dealing with a lot of anger.

I sold AMRS WAY too soon. I am not proud of this at all. Many reasons 1) I had forgotten why I bought the stock.Never a good sign/ 2) I didn't know what the F the stock did. Vaguely a biotech skin product selling into China play...3) I was so surprised it was up 60% I just sold it without looking....<-- That is is an ill-formed Panic Sell<----- Don't do that kids.

And then I realized way the F back This was Van's Lottory stk.

And it's just gone crazy. So do you buy back in like a fool! I really messed up here. Up 14% on a down day SHOOT ME!

Amyris, Inc. (AMRS)

$8.02+1.00 (+14.25%)
    At close: January 5 4:00PM EST
    $8.35+0.33 (4.11%)
    Before hours:8:20AM EST

#79     Jan 6, 2021
  10. I remember we did a contest for Worst Name Of a Stock and these guys won! And yet here they are again.

Lovesac price target raised to $55 from $40 at Oppenheimer
    Here is a 13 year old comercial.

Description

The Lovesac Company designs, manufactures, and sells foam filled furniture, sectional couches, and related accessories. The company offers sactionals, such as seats and sides; sacs, including foam beanbag chairs; and accessories comprising drink holders, foot sac blankets, decorative pillows, fitted seat tables, and ottomans. It markets its products through its approximately 91 showrooms at top tier malls, lifestyle centers, and street locations in 35 states of the United States, as well as through online. The Lovesac Company was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.

#80     Jan 6, 2021